Gretchen Wilson should quit country music

You know......I can not stand this woman. Why? I dunno? I am not a country fan at all and I can't stand her lyrical content in her songs.....it is just ridiculous. I never understood the hype as I never found her to be a good singer or much to look at.

Having said that, I also saw the VH1 show last night and I was impressed with the vocal on the Heart song. I had no idea se had pipes like that.

Don't judge her performance without seeing it, she was great. Also, I'm not a fan of hers and didn't even know her name.

All that aside, view her appearance and get back to us:headbang:

I've seen her country music videos before. She did not impress me one bit. She came across as trailer court trash.

Is there a YouTube video of her VH1 performance? If so, I'll watch it and then get back to you.

I never watch 'American Idiot', but the TV was on when Kelly Clarkson did 'Never Again'. Her vocals were savage and she had me convinced that she was about to render a literal ass-whipping on someone. The current duo of 'Idiots' were left looking like gummi worms after Kelly's performance. She made a fan out of me.

I say get her in a metal band also.

She was the best of anyone on that show, she totally ruled from the first note to the end. I agree with all who have said she should get into Metal she would be awesome.

Totally agree, I was stunned by her performance quite frankly, chills...

I'll be watching it again tonight! :kickass:

... she's still a redneck. Send her back to the trailer court. :puke:

She tried too hard to immitate Ann Wilson (in her prime). Too bad Ann can't sing too well and hit the high notes anymore :erk:

Nice to see Nancy can still play guitar like it was 1975! :kickass: :headbang:

Well I have to say I'm duly impressed, especially considering I'd never even heard Gretchen Wilson sing anything before (I never listen to country these days). I'd like to see what she could do in a metal format -- her voice came across as very powerful. Stuff like this on VH1 ALMOST makes we wish I had cable (but after 14 years without it why start now.....) :headbang:

I knew there'd be a few naysayers in the group. :rolleyes: I don't think anyone on this thread seriously thinks Gretchen is going to go hard rock/metal anytime soon. Having said that, the lady just won some respect out of some people that normally wouldn't give her a second glance. Lighten up guys....metal isn't or doesn't have to be that serious. Just ask the Edguys. :p

~Brian~

I saw the Performance Last Night. Ann can STILL sing circles around alot of rock female singers today. She owns that throne...however..After hearing and seeing Getchen own Barracuda last night, i'd say we have an heir apparent. If I closed my eyes I thought Gretchen was Ann. Gretchen accomplished what Ann and Nancy set out to do...encourage females to kick ass and take names and just rock with the boys. To see Nancy sneak out there and play just for the sheer joy of it ROCKED! And cutting heads with Cantrell? FUCKIN A YEAH!

Now tell me WHY that skank CAmeron Feed Her Sandwich Diaz got to intro Heart? They needed a real woman to do that. Someone worthy!

Coldie

I saw the Performance Last Night. Ann can STILL sing circles around alot of rock female singers today. She owns that throne...however..After hearing and seeing Getchen own Barracuda last night, i'd say we have an heir apparent. If I closed my eyes I thought Gretchen was Ann. Gretchen accomplished what Ann and Nancy set out to do...encourage females to kick ass and take names and just rock with the boys. To see Nancy sneak out there and play just for the sheer joy of it ROCKED! And cutting heads with Cantrell? FUCKIN A YEAH!

Now tell me WHY that skank CAmeron Feed Her Sandwich Diaz got to intro Heart? They needed a real woman to do that. Someone worthy!

Coldie

Most definitely, I'm not easily impressed but Gretchen delivered the goods
thoroughly! Love stuff like this...:worship: