Guess new Dream Theater drummer-win a prize.

Hmmmmmmm lots of good guesses, but i noticed one that hasn't been guessed: VIRGIL DONATI I know that is a long shot, and probably an even greater long shot is my second guess RAFAEL PENSADO(Mindflow Drummer) who members of the band were amazed with on their South American tour.

But in all seriousness i would have to say Chris Quirarte has the inside track

Wow! I guess I'm the only person to go out on this limb for a somewhat unknown to most here:

Davide Calabretta from Crotone, Italy (http://www.myspace.com/davidecalabrettadrums)

He is in an "official" Dream Theater tribute band there that has actually been recognized by DT and Davide has met Mike before. He is also the drummer recording tracks for the new Mystic-Force (which is why i know of him).

If they go with a big name, than they will likely get that big ego along with it. Go with someone who is incredible but lesser known, they are more likely to get a team player. I've heard many great drummers mentioned here, but I don't know that they would be a good fit for DT. It takes more than just the raw talent to be a productive member of a band.

i guess i will be the odd man out and say the current drummer of Styx, Todd Sucherman.

Todd-Sucherman650.jpg

I don't know who it will be, maybe some fresh meat.

But I'm hoping it's going to be Bobby Jarzombek !!! He's metal, he's rock, he's anything you need to be and he's not a geek like some of these other guys that will
turn Dream Theater into a Liquid Tension Experiment all over again hahah! :)

Mike Mangini. They're already homies, and I saw them do a duet in Boston on Portnoy's Siamese Monster.

I dont think they will go with a no name. We're talking about an band thats been around for what 25 years? I'd think that they're going to get a big name guy relatively speaking. Even though people here like to talk DT down the fact is they're still the biggest Prog Metal act regardless if you dont like their currently releases. The band will still sell CDs and do major tours which means $$$

I'd think that either of these guys would do well with DT

John Macaluso
Virgil Donati
Bobby Jarzombek

Portnoy will be so under-used in Avenged Sevenfold.

I don't care who DT replaces him with, honestly. All I know is you guys know a shit-ton of drummers that no one outside this circle have even heard of before.

James Labrie talking about the possible new drummers they're going to be auditioning:

"I can assure you that all these guys [that are going to be auditioning for the drummer slot] are monsters on the kit — they are absolutely phenomenal. They are more than capable of playing everything that DREAM THEATER's done — from day one to [what we're doing now]. So they're more than capable, technically speaking. They're scary. So what are we looking for? We're looking for a few things. We wanna make sure that that person can completely absorb and represent everything that DREAM THEATER is about as far as the drums and the attitude and the personality and the chemistry; those points have to be there. These guys [that are set to audition for the band] are more than capable of playing the songs and blowing us away with their technical prowess, but we're looking for the guy that has the right chemistry and the right personality — even the right kind of flow behind the kit. And he's got [to have the right] look and we just [have to] feel comfortable around [him]. And that's really the ingredients that these guys have to have."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/ne...ooking-Forward-To-The-Next-Chapter-22198.aspx

Gavin Harrison from Porcupine Tree/OSI/King Crimson might be interesting.

Modern Drummer magazine readers' poll for "best progressive drummer of the year" consecutively from 2007-2010. He may not be 'metal' enough.

Gavin Harrison from Porcupine Tree/OSI/King Crimson might be interesting.

Modern Drummer magazine readers' poll for "best progressive drummer of the year" consecutively from 2007-2010. He may not be 'metal' enough.

I highly doubt he would leave Porcupine Tree for Dream Theater. I would be SHOCKED if he did. Just my humble opinion.

Guys, I personally think that Nick D'Virgilio could be the best drummer to replace Mike.
I think they have the same style of drumming.

As an alternative, i like Thomas Lang and Marco Minnemann.

From a special italian DT fan! :)