HELP! Need Metal!

etherealsoul

New Metal Member
Mar 4, 2006
I just moved to the Atlanta area, and I am wondering where to buy Prog-Metal? Are there any record stores that have a large selection of Euro-Metal? I am currently looking to purchase the new Pyramaze album. Thanks!

There's Tower Records on Peachtree, which has a decent selection, but I usually order my discs online, too. Then there's Wax 'n Facts at Little Five for vinyl.

However, "large selection of Euro metal"? Good luck. :)

Tower Records can usually have stuff - but you'll pay a pretty penny for it.

Media Play used to have a decent selection of Century Media/Nuclear Blast and other metal labels, but they went out of business.

Online is your best bet

etherealsoul said:
I just moved to the Atlanta area, and I am wondering where to buy Prog-Metal? Are there any record stores that have a large selection of Euro-Metal? I am currently looking to purchase the new Pyramaze album. Thanks!

My guess is the only place you'll find a large selection of euro metal for sale in Atlanta is in the vendor room, during ProgPower, heh...

Yep, too true.

If your tastes extended to extreme metal I'd say go to Deathgasm Records up in Marietta (inside Swayze's Venue on Barrett Parkway at Bells Ferry Rd, close to I-575), as CDs are normally $10. They carry much more than just grindcore (which is their label's specialty), but they have little or no straight prog or power-metal.

I go to FYE. Its got lots of good metal. Some stores have a seperate section for it. Some don't. But you can find various groups. You won't find very much of the obscure stuff, but I was impressed by their selection. Its better than any other 'mall' type of a music store I've been to.