Vinyl stores near ProgPower

UNRESTRAINED! said:
Are there any vinyl stores worth checking out while I am attending ProgPower....I'll need my fix while in Atlanta. Any help would rock, yo! :headbang:

There's a Record & CD Show the day after PPV ends, at Metro Inn (formerly Ramada). Exit 86 off I-85, then exit on Monroe, then look for Ellis Ave. Not the largest show by any means, but there's alot of vinyl there, all genres including metal. I will be set up there as I always do (Exploding Ned's), but since you'll most likely see me at PPV, you'll have already seen my mdse., but there are several other dealers there... many with vinyl. worth checking out.

as much as I love cd's, the sound and feel of vinyl is so......cool! LOL Its just a whole other era that is lost to our youth.

UNRESTRAINED! said:
Anymore shop ideas? I need vinyl!
Well... I know were talking about Atlanta... But if you ever make it out to Salt Lake City, we have a place called Starbound Records that our Drummer swears by for his vinyl shopping.

Tons and TONS of vinyl!!!! If your a vinyl collector like him, you'll probably clean house there. They even have a website: http://www.starboundrecords.com/

...I only know they have schloads of vinyl and a good selction, because he has anywhere from 5-15 albums in his hands every other week when he comes to the studio.

Might be worth checking out via their website!

\m/
Dustin

testofwills said:
Hey Bunnyman--Keep your hands off the vinyl:wave: ..Thats my department......

There is nothing in Atlanta..I have tried 2 times and nothing......There will lots of vinyl at the fest but it will cost bigtime:cry:

The testofwills rope-a-dope...

testofwills said:
There is nothing in Atlanta..I have tried 2 times and nothing......There will lots of vinyl at the fest but it will cost bigtime:cry:

There's plenty of vinyl at the Atlanta record & cd show on the 19th, the day after PPV ends (I gave directions earlier in this thread) AND the vinyl I will have at PPV is not overpriced.

Pellaz said:
Wow, forgot about that CD and Record Show the day after PPUSA, Mike. I'll try to drag myself down to it (just as you will be :)).

Yeah the early morning after will be a handful, but I'll definately be there unless I explode the night before.
:loco: We'll C U there Paul.

"Hey, how come Exploding Ned isn't here? His tables are usually right THERE."

"You didn't hear? He finally....exploded."

-----

"Some IMplode, some EXplode. But...they will always try to take you with them!"
--from The Lost Boys

Pellaz said:
"Hey, how come Exploding Ned isn't here? His tables are usually right THERE."

"You didn't hear? He finally....exploded."

-----

"Some IMplode, some EXplode. But...they will always try to take you with them!"
--from The Lost Boys

Yow, that's the 1st time I've heard that one.... TODAY!

:cool:

Pellaz said:
Gee, cutting CD prices to match most other retailers would be a good start for Tower.

For those into extreme death/black and grindcore, Deathgasm Records is now open with a storefront location, and they have a LOT of titles in stock. It's actually part of Swayze's Venue, on Barrett Parkway about a half-mile northeast of I-575 (add a half-mile to that, from I-75), corner of Bells Ferry Road.

Not my usual cuppa, but I found a few things there. They have some t-shirts too.

Does this place still exist??

Pellaz said:
Gee, cutting CD prices to match most other retailers would be a good start for Tower.

For those into extreme death/black and grindcore, Deathgasm Records is now open with a storefront location, and they have a LOT of titles in stock. It's actually part of Swayze's Venue, on Barrett Parkway about a half-mile northeast of I-575 (add a half-mile to that, from I-75), corner of Bells Ferry Road.

Deathgasm Records were at the Cryptopsy show in Atlanta February, and they were awesome. Sold me two albums I wouldn't have gotten otherwise, and had a bunch of other neat things there, and that was just part of their stock.