Hey, how about another Avantasia album?

yes u are right about that, if he is taking Edguy into one direction, then he should keep Avantasia the way it is, I hope on this new album he has more different guitar players for some amazing guitar solos, and new singers like D.C Cooper or Ben Sotto

Eh, he already took Avantasia in a different direction with The Scarecrow... can't say I'm looking forward to this one.

Yeah, but Scarecrow did have it's moments and at it's definitely different from Edguy.

I mean, if Avantasia starts singing songs about penises then we'll know there's just no point anymore.

You know what I don't understand? Edguy is essentially a hard rock band now, but they have two bands that use death vocals opening for them on their US tour. WTF? Do they even know who their fans are?

Scarecrow is still one of my most played albums, I dig it.

As far as death metal vocal bands opening up for them... they are touring the US. "Most" US metal fans listen to death vocal bands. It's a good move to try to assure more than a dozen people show up a night being that they don't have the draw here as they would overseas. Sure they can play a sellout fest like PP but PP only holds over a thousand fans. Now take those fans and spread them out over the country and see how many people they can draw in your hometown, if they make it there.

I'm a big Edguy fan... I did like the Scarecrow alot.. but when Edguy's Tinnus Sanctus came out, it sounded alot like Scarecrow.. There needs to be some separation of styles between the two bands or it's going to just be Edguy/Avantasia

I didn't have a problem with the last Avantasia album. With that said, there's no denying that Tobi has went "commercial". The difference is, The Scarecrow was a decent outing, but T.S. is simply terrible.

~Brian~

I still havent heard the last Avantasia disc. Guess I am a bit tentative with the goofy hard rock sway that Edguy has taken, to check out his other new stuff.

There's some schlock, but there are a few barnburning power metal tunes in there too. Four of them by my count. Three have Jorn Lande on them, and two have Michael Kiske. One has Kiske AND Lande.

Definitely a must-hear if you're a power metal fan, even if you don't like the whole album.

As for Edguy and having death vox bands open, I'd think that where Edguy is right now their audience would rather hear pop/punk bands, of which there are a plethora in any given city.

I consider myself an Edguy and Avantasia fan.......however....IMO, Tobias Sammett hit his peak on Hell Fire Club, lots of rebelious tunes and f-the world for being a bunch of sheep with blinders on, you know, the way METAL should be. Mandrake and earlier are AWESOME too, as well as the first Avantasia's pt1&2. I really liked Rocket Ride, mainly because it seemed they were able to be comical and laugh at themselves, and it wasn't the same old Edguy....I was thinking... hmmm.... "different", I kinda dig it. Though, I thought it was a one time just for fun type of thing, and they'll totally kick my ass on the next one. Now, after the disappointment of the last Edguy release(that totally did NOT kick my ass) and the (I wont say bad...lets call em) "so-so" new Avantasia, I'd prefer to hear any new release by Tobias BEFORE I shell out my cash for it. With times being tight, I've had to get pretty picky on what to spend my cash on. The days of "gotta have it just cuz its "them" have come to an end. Unless ofcoarse it like Evergrey, or CIIC, or Falconer, or Nocurnal Rites,......you all know what I mean. lol

The guy can write a tune, and that shows even on Tinnitus Sanctus. And Okay, I get it, he doesn't really like speed metal anymore.

But I don't get what he hopes to accomplish by doing glam rock. Edguy was a top power metal band. As a glam rock band, they lag the Brother Firetribes and Poodles of the world.

Believe it or not, I could see Tobias ending up as a major songwriter like Butch Walker. That upbeat melodic rock stuff is really in demand right now and Tobias can write circles around everyone else in that genre.

The guy can write a tune, and that shows even on Tinnitus Sanctus. And Okay, I get it, he doesn't really like speed metal anymore.

But I don't get what he hopes to accomplish by doing glam rock. Edguy was a top power metal band. As a glam rock band, they lag the Brother Firetribes and Poodles of the world.

Believe it or not, I could see Tobias ending up as a major songwriter like Butch Walker. That upbeat melodic rock stuff is really in demand right now and Tobias can write circles around everyone else in that genre.

Problem is, he's writing these "glam songs" for the wrong bands. We're talking EDGUY and Avantasia, NOT Britney Spears or Hannah Montana. It's unfortunate to see a band basically "offend" or "alienate" their own fan base. I'm all for expanding your horizons, and doing something different, but not at the expense of all the fans that helped you get to where you are. I'm glad he isn't turning out the same old thing everytime, but wow, how do you get from Mandrake to glam-pop/rock in 3 records. I think it's plain to see it's all about the money, he's going to write what he thinks MORE people want to hear. AND...You may be right, more people may want to hear what he's making now, but just goes to show what BAD taste ALOT of people have in music.

I think it's plain to see it's all about the money, he's going to write what he thinks MORE people want to hear. AND...You may be right, more people may want to hear what he's making now, but just goes to show what BAD taste ALOT of people have in music.

Honestly, is he doing that much better, financially, by putting out the likes of Rocket Ride and T.S.? I'm asking, because I really don't know. It's not like Edguy signed to Roadrunner and you can now buy their releases in Wal-Mart.

~Brian~

To echo EoT's post, some people seem to be in a hurry to make a connection without real evidence that it's there: that Toby's change in songwriting style is a result of a drive to become much more popular. Has Edguy really become that much bigger? While they can do things now like tour the US (playing clubs), there has not been any kind of overnight or meteoric rise. I'd like to give Toby the benefit of the doubt and say that he had great fun writing power metal for a decade, and now he's having great fun writing hard rock. I see so many metalheads delight in offending or "shocking" mainstream pop/rock fans but then throw a hissy fit when someone offends or shocks them by moving in the other direction. We proudly say we're anti-conformist and we don't just do what other people tell us, but we get pissed off when others act the same way - not doing what we think they should do.