Hey Maestro

EDVANTASIA

Mar 24, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I know you are a big fan of Rhapsody(although I am not) We seem to have the same opinions on alot of bands, particularly Edguy(Tobias musical genius? I think so ) Anyhoo.. Have you ever heard of a band called Skylark ; for that matter, has anyone else? I think these guys rock! The production isn't as stellar as Rhapsody, but they can play their asses off. I guess this band is an aqquired taste. But, something about lead singers with really thick accents, is cool to me. Anyways check these guys out. I reccomend all who havent heard them, check these guys out!!!! They are like Rhapsody but not as orchestrated, but have many similar elements, although some people might not like the lead singer(or so I've read) Another band highly recommended is "Projecto" these guys hail from Italy as well. I think they sound like a mixture of Edguy, Helloween, and Kiss(lead singer sounds a little like Paul Stanley) Anyways these are just some suggestions of bands you might not have heard of or might like.

Thanks Edvantasia. I have not heard any Skylark or Projecto but since I also have a good idea of your tastes, I am certainly curious! Where do you get your CDs?

I just placed a new order myself for the latest Rhapsody, At Vance, Ring of Fire, Dragonland

oops sorry I hit the reply button too soon....

As I was saying, I ordered some new CDs: Rhapsody, At Vance, Ring of Fire, Dragonland, Evergrey, and Iced Earth (Burnt Offerings). That's a good selection of what I'll be checking out these days.

Otherwise, in my CD player these days is Mandrake, Silicon Messiah, Avantasia, Horror Show, No World Order, Night at the Opera, and Awakening the World. I have to say, I LOVE the Lost Horizon CD - and to add, I would say their drummer may be the best drummer out there IMO.

Thanks for the ideas - I am always looking for new bands/CDs, and the best suggestions always come from fans like yourself!

Thanks Ed - I notice you live in Florida. Does that mean you are paying overseas shipping charges from Sweden?

Actually he charges $4 dollars for up to 2 CD's, and sliding scale from there. I think that is very reasonable. This is what I just ordered from him, my total was 75 including shipping

Dark Moor - The Hall... CD 8.00
Morifade - Possession... CD 7.00
Isengard - Crownless Auto'd CD 12.00
Freternia/Persuader CD 5.00
Time Machine - Evil CD 8.00
Skylark - Divine 1 CDA5 8.00(Special oversized digibook)
Headline - Escape 2CD 9.00
Projecto - Crown of Ages CD 8.00

I like that he has obscure Prog/power/Symphonic metal bands. All these CD's are brand new. I also buy CD's from www.sentinelsteel.com They have the biggest selection I have ever seen. They also have a used section, as well. I found the End records selection, kinda small. But if you never take my advice, at least try Skylark "Divine Gates II" I just got it, and It freaking rocks. With a special appearance by Labyrinth's Rob tyrant. This CD is awesome. Anyways The guy in Sweden's name is Martin. Give him an e-mail he is very personable, and will help you discover new bands. Tell him Wilkinson2 reccomended you (I am not getting paid to endorse. I am just really satisfied with my dealings with him.) Just remember Divine Gates II See you in Atlanta!!

I tried www.sentinelsteel.com and it does have a great list - although not being able to order on-line and just listing the CD's without a proper 'search' is a bit lame in this day and age.

Still, from what I understand, you have to send them an e-mail before placing the order. Any idea as to how long they take to respond to an e-mail? It's been a couple of days now and I'm still waiting for a response....maybe I'll just go to this guy in Sweden like you say...

I definatley want the Skylark, Morifade and Isengard CDs too!

He is usually pretty good about responding to e-mails. To order something, I send him my order (mostly consisting of Used cd's) via e-mail. Then I call and leave him My credit card number, or have him call me back. I know his ordering method sucks. But I have had very positive transactions with him. I receive my stuff within a week. And once he gets your Credit Card on record. All you need to do is e-mail the CD's you want. And he will automatically bill the Card. But I reccomend e-mailing Martin, he doesn't have as many of each CD as a lot of Mail order companies. And I receive stuff from him in about a week as well. If you order from Martin try these CD's Dark Moor "Hall of olden's dreams" Time Machine "Evil" (Dream Theater meets Labyrinth) Morifade is cool as well. Actually, I enjoy all the CD's I got from him!! I just ordered Labyrinth's "no limits" CD the other day. I reccomend using Paypal when buying from Martin. These guys are the only 2 guys I buy from. Everyone else has high prices or small selection to choose from. Martin seems to specialize in Italian Symphonic metal. Also try the band "Headline" it's Queensryche meets Doro! Anymore questions e-mail me at Wilkinson2@peoplepc.com