House of Lords - World Upside Down

I'm looking forward to this release as well. I've recently purchased The Power and the Myth, and I agree that it can be flat in areas. At the same time, it has slight prog tendencies during the album.

I have to admit, I like the sound/style of Sahara much better though, and this up-coming release sounds much, much closer. It's a must buy, IMO.

You know that an album has gone way off-track when the opening song begins with "THIS IS HOUSE OF LORDS 2006 MUTHAF&%$@! WANNA HEAR YA GO 'WHOOP! WHOOP!' LEMME HEAR YA SAY 'WHOOP! WHOOP!'"

heh heh

Pulled out "Sahara" and listened to it for the first time in years. Man, any album that can get Rick Nielsen, Chris Impellitteri, and Doug Aldrich to guest on it can't be sneezed at.

Ruthven said:
You know that an album has gone way off-track when the opening song begins with "THIS IS HOUSE OF LORDS 2006 MUTHAF&%$@! WANNA HEAR YA GO 'WHOOP! WHOOP!' LEMME HEAR YA SAY 'WHOOP! WHOOP!'"

heh heh

Pulled out "Sahara" and listened to it for the first time in years. Man, any album that can get Rick Nielsen, Chris Impellitteri, and Doug Aldrich to guest on it can't be sneezed at.

Very true, I forgot about that until you mentioned it! Doug Aldrich seems to be a highly sought after talent these days as well! :headbang:

edgeofthorns said:
Is anyone familiar with this band that was origianally produced by Gene Simmons in the late 80s/early 90s? They started out as a big powerhouse, arena, hard rock band, but it seems that they've taken their music in some new directions lately. IMO, I think they'd be a great fit for an odd band slot at a future ProgPower. Put it this way, if PC69 can play the festival, I know these guys can hang! :headbang: They have a new one coming out in May, so I've attached a link to the samples. It sounds like great stuff, so check it out.

http://www.nehrecords.com/NEWS/Previews/HouseLordsWorld.htm

HouseLordsWorld.jpg

I read where the actual release date is May 19th for House Of Lord's upcoming release, World Upside Down.

I've been able to listen to more extended cuts of HOL's new release today, and I'm here to tell you, that it rocks! If you like melodic hard rock in the vein of Hardline, Jeff Scott Soto, PC69, Harem Scarem, Kingdom Come, and House of Lords early stuff, then you've got to listen to World Upside Down!

It's worth buying, so skip the downloading!!!!!!