House of Lords

now I know this old 80s/90s band might not usually belong here BUT I came across something interesting today...

They have a new album coming out and here's the lineup;
James Christian (vocals)
Chuck Wright (bass)
Larryb Cordola (guitar)
Ken Mary (drums)
Derek Sherinan (keyboards)
Alan Okuye (keyboards)
Sven martin (keyboards)
Ricky Phillips (keyboards)

you may or may not recognize some of these folks. Here's a link with soundclips as well; http://www.nehrecords.com/shop/HousePower.htm

I always liked these guys years ago, I was also an Angel fan, and was a tad confused about Gregg not being on this release but it still sounds pretty interesting. Maybe some of you might think so too.

I agree with you. It is an interesting record. I am told that Gregg went behind the band's backs and got a solo deal with the same label. I was a huge Angel fan as well. I kind of miss the big pompous keyboards. This record is much darker. James' vocals are kind of muted too. It is a pretty good cd, but not at all what House of Lords were once into.

I'm not, nor was I ever, a big HOL fan, but even some people I know who are don't care for the new album much. I agree with zoltarcat, no one should expect anything resembling older HOL. I do like James Christians voice, normally. He seems too retrained on this one.

As for Angel, 'Sinful' is one of my favorite albums from that late 70's pomp rock era.