I can't make up my mind about PC69

Ascension said:
PC69...Ugh...hell, double Ugh. There are way, way too many bands out that are more worthy of being at PP. And those same bands are probably alot more interesting. I can only imagine that PC69 is the "bargain basement" band. they probably only charged a "buck fitty" to come to America and play. Anyways...their slot will be great shopping time :tickled:. Assuming the next 2 bands are good & I go.

Is there a need to be this negative??

IMHO half this line up blows goats but ya don't see me bashing them or outright insulting Glenn
If yer gonna act like an ass i hope ya don't go YA DICK

interesting to see such polar opposites about this band. what i liked about PC69 was they sounded similar to another band that hardly gets mentioned anywhere: Evidence One. and their style of playing 80s cheesy hardrock appeals to me in the most simplistic rock the hell out metal show sense.\

edit: not even really cheesy, more... cliche? not the most original lyrics but damn it rocks hard. :headbang:

Evil said:

IMHO half this line up blows goats but ya don't see me bashing them or outright insulting Glenn

Haha...too funny. Contradicted yourself there huh Sparky. Anyway, I didn't insult the man...just disagreed with the choices. Negative? Naaaa...actually I saw the potential for the positive with the shopping time : )

The lack of intelligence is the mother of all f____ups.

It's funny that there's so many people that are disappointed with the line up. I think it fucking rules so far. I've never seen any of the bands live so I seriously can't fucking wait to see them... The main one is Orphaned Land... being a fan of the band for a while now and a friend of Kobi (singer) as well, this is seriously like a dream coming true for me. The only band that would make me happier than seeing Orphaned Land in the festival would be Angra, my all time favorite band.
Stratovarius is the second one. They're one of the bands that started me in Power Metal, and when I found out that they had broken up last year, I was very disappointed, since I haven't seen them yet. I'm from Brazil but living in the US for a while, and all my friends in Brazil have seen them at least 2 or 3 times, so it was very annoying.
Pink Cream 69 is a band that I own a couple of albums, and I enjoy their stuff very much. Their vocalist is amazing (Readman's voice is awesome) and it will be really fun to see them at ProgPower. I have a feeling they will surprise a lot of people.
Manticora is a very tight and solid band that from what I heard kicks ass live. Same goes for Symphorce! I like both bands and it'll also be nice to finally get to see them live.
As for Stride, Circus Maximus and Therion, I don't really know much about those bands, though the samples sound really good. I will try to get more into their material before the fest. No single band has disappointed me so far, so I'm quite excited about the line-up.

As for the two headliners yet to be announced... I have a few names that I'm guessing on :

Masterplan
Evergrey
Angra
Demons and Wizards
Rhapsody

All I can do is hope that the announcement on the 8th will make me even happier than I already am...

SoNofBitcH said:
btw. localx.... brainstorm played last year... lol that's a video clip from PP5 in the media section

I didnt say BRAINSTROM was playing this year? try and read the post before you reply................. o_O

SoNofBitcH said:
...and yes, all performances are great.
Purely subjective.

SoNofBitcH said:
...but people like the ones above are the exact reason why half the venue was gone by the time rage started their set a couple years ago. i was embarrassed to be an american then.
Embarrassed? Give me a break. I think you may be on to something, though. Glenn should lock the doors, and put security at all exits, to ensure that everyone stays in their places and watches every second of every band. I left last year during Into Eternity & Withering Heights...hope I didn't cause you further embarrassment.

SoNofBitcH said:
...rage will never be back in the states i'm assuming because of that.
You know the old saying, "When you assume..."

whisper were you at 4? it was ridiculous. it was rage's fucking US debut. damn right my opinions are subjective. at least i'm not the one trying to twist your words around

You can't be sure that it wo'n't be Evergrey... I heard that they would not be playing this year, but then again, since Glenn hasnt gotten the main headliner yet... we cant say that for sure...

I hope it's Angra with Masterplan.... or Angra with Evergrey... or just Angra... lol

Well, so far IMHO, I think that Stratovarius and PC69 are worth the $$$ alone to go to this years ProgPower. That is why I plan on returning this year. I'm from the kinda older crowd so PC69's sound takes me back to some great guitar playing and that big "Arena" sound. They will be a refreshing band to hear, and the 3rd slot is perfect for them, to break up the non-stop heavier-bit-more-gloomy-stuff. I'm also looking forward to see who the other two remaining bands are.

SoNofBitcH said:
hey, no need for namecalling :D and yes, all performances are great. but people like the ones above are the exact reason why half the venue was gone by the time rage started their set a couple years ago. i was embarrassed to be an american then. rage will never be back in the states i'm assuming because of that. there's too much pickiness going on sometimes

Speaking for myself, I WAS one of those who left after Evergrey and didn't take one second to look at Rage. My explanation is two parts: 1) Evergrey signing autographs immediately after leaving the stage took up about 40-50 minutes to wait in line to get shit signed...and 2) Evergrey just destroyed everyone that played the entire weekend IMO and I just didn't even think soemone that I had really heard very little of could compete. My fault for leaving as I like "Soundchaser" quite a bit after the fact. If Rage's and Evergrey's sets were flip-flopped, that would have been a better way for me to take it all in.

Ascension said:
PC69...Ugh...hell, double Ugh. There are way, way too many bands out that are more worthy of being at PP. And those same bands are probably alot more interesting. I can only imagine that PC69 is the "bargain basement" band. they probably only charged a "buck fitty" to come to America and play. Anyways...their slot will be great shopping time :tickled:. Assuming the next 2 bands are good & I go.

Evil said:

Yeah...even I think that that is uncalled for, and I usually call it as I see it. :yuk:

Not to mention that you are WAYY off base in your assumption about PC69 being cheap ($1.50). If any of the bands were to charge that amount, it definitely wouldn't be them. :loco:

Try to be negative a bit more proffesional (like me!) :cool:

Silent Song said:
its not going to be Evergrey and likely not Rhapsody, but the others would be awesome.

i agree the lineup is nothing to complain about

Why exactly wouldn't it be Evergrey? I think that at this point in the band announcements, anything is up for grabs on the final two (except Aryeon :D ). Evergrey should play just because 1) They have a recent studio album out, and 2)They rule. Good reasons to play. ;)

Wow, I didn't think this thread would get this much posts. I thought it was kind of stupid after I posted. I'm not bitching about the band I just found it strange that I like what I heard but for some reason I don't feel excited that they are playing. :erk:

I always look forward to Progpower it is like Christmas for a 4 year old :headbang:
Even though this year's lineup isn't making my heart skip any beats (except for the day Strato and CM were annonced) I won't bitch about it this year is not just my day. I think most of the band this line-up are just bands I kind of like ...maybe. I love Ocean Land by OL but havn't heard any other songs that really kick my ass. Anyway all the bands havn't been announced yet anyway.

Walter_Langkowski said:
Speaking for myself, I WAS one of those who left after Evergrey and didn't take one second to look at Rage. My explanation is two parts: 1) Evergrey signing autographs immediately after leaving the stage took up about 40-50 minutes to wait in line to get shit signed...and 2) Evergrey just destroyed everyone that played the entire weekend IMO and I just didn't even think soemone that I had really heard very little of could compete. My fault for leaving as I like "Soundchaser" quite a bit after the fact. If Rage's and Evergrey's sets were flip-flopped, that would have been a better way for me to take it all in.

i thought pagan's mind blew everyone away, but i didn't watch the first band on day 2 and call it a day :p people should have taken advantage of probably their only chance ever to see them. there's a reason why they were headliners