I can't make up my mind about PC69

I'm gonna say it again, anyone who missed Rage at PP IV missed one of the best shows to hit that stage out of the past three years I have gone EVER. Only Edguy at PP III and Brainstorm come close to touching how madly insane Rage's set was. One of the best live experiences I have ever seen.

Ben

Walter_Langkowski said:
Why exactly wouldn't it be Evergrey? I think that at this point in the band announcements, anything is up for grabs on the final two (except Aryeon :D ). Evergrey should play just because 1) They have a recent studio album out, and 2)They rule. Good reasons to play. ;)
i'd like to see them as much as the next fan but i think i saw somewhere Glenn said they won't be back this year

SoNofBitcH said:
hey, no need for namecalling :D and yes, all performances are great. but people like the ones above are the exact reason why half the venue was gone by the time rage started their set a couple years ago. i was embarrassed to be an american then. rage will never be back in the states i'm assuming because of that. there's too much pickiness going on sometimes

I owned two Rage CDs in my life. I found them used. I didn't like either; I traded them away to a crazy power metal fan from Arizona who posts here! I downloaded two of their recent discs prior to their show. I didn't like them either. I stayed for the set. I lasted about three songs. I didn't like it, so I left. Bands deserve a minimal level of respect - meaning that if you heard the disc and hated it - then by all means leave prior to the set. Supporting the scene doesn't have to be painful.

I'm not sure why you'd be embarrassed by your nationality just because a bunch of people at a PROG and power festival might be bored with a more simplistic power metal band. Yes. Terrana was an astoundingly great drummer. And Smolski is phenominal. But Peavy can't sing for crap, and the songwriting is below average. Different people have different musical values.

Rage was a perfect headlining band at a festival geared towards power metal fans, but even they couldn't fill the house. You can't please everyone. The market for this stuff is limited. Even within the metal universe love for every metal band isn't universal.

You're reading too much into it.

Joe

PC69 is the one band I'm really looking forward to, but because I'm so unfamiliar with the rest of the lineup, except for Strat. I've got something downloaded from Orphaned Land and Therion, but neither are clicking with me. I agree with Fates that Circus Maximus has a lot of potential for me personally. I believe Symphorce will be a good live show because Andy is such a monster on stage! Otherwise, I'm still hanging on by a thread for the last two annoucements!

SoNofBitcH said:
i thought pagan's mind blew everyone away, but i didn't watch the first band on day 2 and call it a day :p people should have taken advantage of probably their only chance ever to see them. there's a reason why they were headliners

With all respect dude, the reason for Rage headlining is two-fold. 1) They have a shitload of LP's out, and most importantly 2) The man in charge of the whole fest decided that they are a headliner. Pretty easy to figure out.

I don't HAVE to like a headliner just because someone says they are one. Last time I checked Edguy was a headliner one time and I also don't feel they are a worthy one. It's called personal preference.

In all reality I probably would have still left early for Rage as I was dead tired and just making it down to the fest was a major ordeal in itself. But I definitely would have gone back to catch 2-3 songs just to see some of their set.