I just got the new METALLICA!!!!

Geez, Metallica can still get everyones attention. I love it.

Ihreil Junkenstein said:
no no no dear boy, THE dead Kennedys.
Holiday in camboida......Nazi punks fuck off.......Police truck......sound familiar?
----------just to say ahhhhhhhh!!!! yes good ol' punk rock...those were some sweet times:)..........what aboot the song "riot"------ya know "riot the undesputable high-riot shoots your nerves to the sky..tomorrow your homeless..tonight it's a blast"!!!!!!
headbob.gif

Pyrus said:
Has this happened before with Rebirth impersonators? I always wondered about that.

On the old board there was a ledmag impersonator, and since ledmag had just started posting, everyone thought it was him. There was also a couple times when someone posted my name but thankfully they were only asking questions about the band. I still called them on it....didn't get a reply. :)

Guerrilla said:
Hetfield blew all his money on booze and he's poor and since he's an old fart no one wants to book Metallica so now he has to open for grand acts like Limp Dick. FUCK THEEEEMM when the cd comes out I'm gonna take a black marker and go to every cd store and write crap on the cd. Nobody buy that piece of shit, instead of giving your money to Hetfield better take it and wipe your ass with it.

Dude, don't waste precious marker on that chump band - Selloutica sucks, always will, always have since 1990.

Posuers like Metallica - fuck 'em all!

Yeah, the song names to blow ass. One more reason why this album has the potential to suck huge cock.

I heard a clip of one of the "real" songs, not the fake demo shit that really isn't by Metallica, and the song sounds like Bob Seger or some cover they would do off of Garage Inc. on the first disc. Still, I'm curious to see if they really decided to go heavy again and ditch the mellow Bob Seger sound.

hmmm does this mean you have to buy the canadian version to get the live-in-studio dvd?

METALLICA - Never Sounded Stronger! [Hot Flashes - 03.04.14 17:54:56]

According to MTV News (http://www.mtv.com/news), METALLICA fans that are worried that the band won’t be as heavy with new bassist Robert Trujillo as they were with Jason Newsted, and before him Cliff Burton, can relax. The band report that they have never sounded stronger.

“The first time we played with Rob, [producer] Bob [Rock] was in the control room," drummer Lars Ulrich said. "And as I had a tendency to do when we had different guys come in, I'd sneak into the control room and go, 'Yeah? Well? How's it sound?' When Rob was playing, Bob looked at me and said, 'That's the best the band's ever sounded off the floor.' And I was like, 'OK, cool. It sounds like that out in the room, too.' "

"Rob brought a stability [to the group]," guitarist Kirk Hammett said. "Most of the other cats who came through the door were trying to keep up with the three of us, and Rob brought it to another level."

Trujillo will debut with the band on the upcoming Summer Sanitarium tour which kicks off on July 4th. Producer Rock handled bass on the band's new album, St. Anger, due out on June 10th.

With the albums release quickly approaching, the band hasn't even thought about what the first single will be. "When we were writing these songs, they were just coming out in a certain shape and form and we just let it flow," Hammett said. "Nothing was really manipulated so that it would get more airplay. It's much more of an album statement than a singles statement."

"The way this record was created, the process of this record, everything just sits in a different place, a very organic place," explained Ulrich. "Usually in the past, we have been guilty of knowing [the singles] or at least narrowing it down to this song or that song. But this time around, you figure it out. It just doesn't really seem like a singles type of album. It's more of a collection of energy."

Meanwhile, Warner Music Canada have announced that the St. Anger album will come with a live performance DVD.

The live, spontaneous performance, filmed and recorded - as Metallica likes to say - in 'shitty 5.1 sound, balls out, at Metallica HQ' - features the band playing all tracks in sequence from St. Anger. Never before has an artist designated a live DVD performance of a new album to simultaneously accompany its new studio release. The live DVD will be included as a part of St. Anger's total package at no additional cost to fans for as long as the album is sold.

A spokesperson for Elektra says the idea to create such a unique offer was hatched with typical Metallica 'aw-fuck-it-ness': "Metallica is a band that always over-delivers to their fans. This performance captures them in their most comfortable setting, in the studio where they recorded St. Anger. The band literally went into the next room, picked up their instruments and played, live, the album they had just finished recording. It captures them at their informal, raucous best."

and p.s. edit by lizard: anyone who thinks Trujillo is a lightweight is a moron.