I Just Talked to Hansi from Blind Guardian...

zinescene

Feb 11, 2002
Michigan
www.myspace.com
I just got off the phone with Hansi from Blind Guardian and we had a real nice conversation regarding the new release and he's really excited about the prospects of playing in Atlanta for ProgPower 3.0...Oh and he's got some company who shall remain nameless for now and they will be recording some songs early next year for their follow up release. (Duh, if that did't spill the beans...)

I'll have all the details and interview posted soon!

John:D

Yes they are doing to be recording a live CD and yes they are tentatively planning on playing other dates in the US but nothing is etched in stone yet. He said that if they don't have something worked out by Novemeber then they'd come back in Dec or Jan 2003 for sure.

John

Originally posted by zinescene
Yes they are doing to be recording a live CD and yes they are tentatively planning on playing other dates in the US but nothing is etched in stone yet. He said that if they don't have something worked out by Novemeber then they'd come back in Dec or Jan 2003 for sure.

John

I think some of this will likely have to do with how successful their new album is in the U.S. I think everyone, including the band, will be surprised at just how successful that is. The recent Lord of the Rings movie got the band quite a bit of exposure, even though they weren't involved with it. If you look at mp3.com now, "Lord of the Rings" is currently #6 on the charts in the metal category (not power metal, but the broad metal category). It's surrounded by songs from Mudvayne, Drowning Pool, Sevendust, etc. I hope the people downloading "Lord of the Rings" like what they hear and go on to listen to other Blind Guardian material.

Yes, I was told the same thing at least 4 songs possibly 5. The two I was told they were doing are Precious Jerusalem (the opening track) and And Then There Was Silence. I was also told they wouldn't be playing Battlefield which was my favorite song off the new disc because it's to complex and to many arrangements.

Angra, Pain of Salvation, and Threshold?

I think the new Angra is way excellent. Seems to me the band has not lost a step since Holy Land was released.

and Pain of Salvation. I've not heard the most recent release but their first three CD's I truly love. This willbe my third chance to see these guys and am so looking forward to seeing them one more time.

Finally, Threshold. I suspect some of you will think these guys are too "tame" but their intricate brand of prog rock and metal often sends shivers down my spine.

If you are not familiar with Threshold I highly recommend them. and while it seems they have a different singer with each release, they sure do know how to ROCK!!!!

Wife and I are off Baja Prog next week, NearFest in June, ProgDay in Chapel Hill, NC in September and (God it seems so far away) November to ProgPower.

I'd say I'm going to get my prog music "jones" taken care of this year for sure!!!

Keep on rockin'