I love discovering new gems!

Letter X? Never heard of them... Guess I need to keep my eyes open for them.

Letter X released 3 discs. The 3rd one "Reflections" was sorta progressive actually. Awesome band.

Good call on the Childs Play, they even released a 2nd disc after "Rat Race".

What about Hericane Alice, Badd Boyz (With Paul Shortino/Rough Cutt), Bangalore Choir (With David Reece of Sacred Child/Accept/Sircle Of Silence/Alex DeRosso), Roxxi, Roxy Blue, Boysvoice, Lion (With Doug Aldrich/Bad Moon Rising), Skitzotik, Moon Doc, Roxus....geez I could sit here all day!

Lets throw in some Banshee, XYZ, Babylon A.D., Wildside, Cold Sweat, Letter X, Keel, and Lillian Axe to the mix!
Babylon A.D.'s debut is an absolute classic. And from a perspective of how many listens a CD has received, that disc has got to be in my Top 25 all-time, if not higher. It's one of the few discs from that era that I still reach for on occasion.

Zod

Heavens Edge, Baton Rouge, Cry Wolf, Beau Nasty? Now we're talking.

Lets throw in some Banshee, XYZ, Babylon A.D., Wildside, Cold Sweat, Letter X, Keel, and Lillian Axe to the mix!

A man after my own heart! XYZ's "Hungry" is absolutely killer from front to back! [Sings loudly] "FACE DOWN IN THE GUTTER!!!"

Also a big fan of the first Babylon A.D. CD.

I like Wildside's first one (especially "Looks Like Love") but I don't know WHAT they were thinking on their 2nd CD. It was horrible to my ears.

Lillian Axe is seriously one of my top 25 favorite bands ever. Their first 4 releases each get at least 8/10 from me.

I'm not familiar with Cold Sweat or Letter X, must look for these!

Heavens Edge, Baton Rouge, Cry Wolf, Beau Nasty? Now we're talking.

I'm a big XYZ fan. I actually bought their self titled disc from Zane at 2007's ProgPower.

DrumRman, are you familiar with Little Ceaser? I've heard a song or two on Sirus and I like the lead singer's voice.

~Brian~

Babylon A.D.'s debut is an absolute classic. And from a perspective of how many listens a CD has received, that disc has got to be in my Top 25 all-time, if not higher. It's one of the few discs from that era that I still reach for on occasion.

Zod

I've heard of Babylon A.D., but not their music. I need to check this out then.

~Brian~

I'm a big XYZ fan. I actually bought their self titled disc from Zane at 2007's ProgPower.

DrumRman, are you familiar with Little Ceaser? I've heard a song or two on Sirus and I like the lead singer's voice.

~Brian~

I saw Little Ceasar back in the day open up for Frehleys Comet. The did a cover of "Chain Of Fools".

For those that havent heard COLD SWEAT it is a MUST HAVE. Features Marc Ferrari from KEEL, but this is 1,000 times better than Keel, and a singer that will blow you away!

For those that may be interested I'll soon be doing a second weekly show called HAIRING AID dedicated to just these types of bands. I tend to stay away from the Poison, Ratt, Cinderella etc deal (unless requested) to focus more on the lesser known high caliber hard rock stuff to many. I do play these bands now mixed in with lots of traditional/power/prog metal (as well as debut's and exclusives). Click my links in the sig for more info! :)

Another one of my fav's was TROUBLE TRIBE. The song "Tattoo" is just absolutely killer!

NP : Slik Toxik - Big Fuckin Deal

I saw Little Ceasar back in the day open up for Frehleys Comet. The did a cover of "Chain Of Fools".

For those that havent heard COLD SWEAT it is a MUST HAVE. Features Marc Ferrari from KEEL, but this is 1,000 times better than Keel, and a singer that will blow you away!

For those that may be interested I'll soon be doing a second weekly show called HAIRING AID dedicated to just these types of bands. I tend to stay away from the Poison, Ratt, Cinderella etc deal (unless requested) to focus more on the lesser known high caliber hard rock stuff to many. I do play these bands now mixed in with lots of traditional/power/prog metal (as well as debut's and exclusives). Click my links in the sig for more info! :)

Another one of my fav's was TROUBLE TRIBE. The song "Tattoo" is just absolutely killer!

NP : Slik Toxik - Big Fuckin Deal

A Jake E. Lee forum friend of mine that currently lives in Houston put a bunch of mp3's on a DVD for me and Cold Sweat was in that mix. I'll have to go back now and take a closer listen, since you've suggested it.

~Brian~

Wrap My Wings and Attack Of Life are two of the best songs from that era. I can pass on Tora Tora, although I have that CD.

Both of Babylon AD's releases are great, but the S/T is definately a classic. Good luck finding it though.

Baton Rouge actually has 3 albums out. The third is a S/T disc and mostly unheard of as it came long after the others. The S/T was probably my #1 album of 1997. "That singer" JenniferLynn dug is Kelly Keeling now of TSO East.

Some other very good but under the radar bands from the same era:
Shark Island, Shok Paris, Kick Axe, Fifth Angel, Hurricane, Kix. Kick Tracee, The Brave, Killer Dwarfs, Saraya, White Tiger, The resurging Leatherwolf, and often requested Pretty Maids

I've heard of Babylon A.D., but not their music. I need to check this out then.

Don't go too far past the debut though. A definate must buy but the later ones aren't even close to as good. Another awesome classic is Baton Rouge's "Lights out in the Playground"

Shark Island, Shok Paris, Kick Axe, Fifth Angel, Hurricane, Kix. Kick Tracee, The Brave, Killer Dwarfs, Saraya, White Tiger, The resurging Leatherwolf, and often requested Pretty Maids

Cant mention THE BRAVE (Christian Hard Rock on Pakaderm Records) without mentioning label mates FEAR NOT. Fans of classic Skid Row would go ballistic over that band.

Fifth Angel is mentioned from time to time on here, but I'm not familiar with their music. That's a band I'll have to check into. I do like Hurricane, Kix, Killer Dwarfs, Saraya, and Leatherwolf.

~Brian~

Fifth Angel is mentioned from time to time on here, but I'm not familiar with their music. That's a band I'll have to check into. I do like Hurricane, Kix, Killer Dwarfs, Saraya, and Leatherwolf.

Both Fifth Angel cds are very good. I suggest you pick up the 1st and if you like it grab their 2nd.

Marc Ferrari's other project, Medicine Wheel, turned out a couple of awesome cds as well. I though suggest trying to get their 1st one, as it's a lot better.

XYZ put out a disc, gosh I want to say in either 03 or 04 called "Letter to God" - KICK ASS CD... I LOVE Terry Ilous' voice...

Another FAR BACK reachers - Trouble Tribe, Tuff, Kik Tracee.. LOVED Trouble Tribe... haven't listened to it in forever tho... I've got a few of the mentioned CDs too, not all.. I was an AVID BMG and Columbia House customer.. hehehe

Marc Ferrari's other project, Medicine Wheel, turned out a couple of awesome cds as well. I though suggest trying to get their 1st one, as it's a lot better.

Medicine Wheel started off as Ivory Tower......which was a spin off of Cold Sweat.......believe it or not there is unreleased music from the bassist and singer that was called SWEATING BULLETS. Medicine Wheels "First Things First" is killer! I thought "Immoral Fabric" was shit.

Really?? I need that one! Do you remember what it was called?

CP.jpg

Two of my favorites from this era: Badlands - their first release is incredible! and Salty Dog - Every Dog Has Its Day - highly underrated.