I love discovering new gems!

Two of my favorites from this era: Badlands - their first release is incredible! and Salty Dog - Every Dog Has Its Day - highly underrated.

Badlands ruled! I was lucky enough to catch them live in Portland, Maine opening for Tesla and Great White. I never could get into their second or third CDs though.

Cant mention THE BRAVE (Christian Hard Rock on Pakaderm Records) without mentioning label mates FEAR NOT. Fans of classic Skid Row would go ballistic over that band.

The Elefante brothers IIRC.

Victory and Helix are two more that deserve mention. Both have "Best Of" albums, but may otherwise have mostly out of print CD's. It's possible they're available in reissues, but I haven't looked for them in a while.

One of the best and most sought after CD's of that era is Kick Axe's "Vices." It was rereleased on CD by SongHaus/Rewind several years ago, but only in a very limited number. Used copies go for over $50 if you can even find them.

Never cared for Sea Hags or Salty Dog. Liked Dangerous Toys though.

Sweet F.A. had some great songs. Roxy Blue was another great one as well.

DrumRman, I listened to the Cold Sweat debut today, and I have to say it's solid stuff. It reminds me a great deal of Danger Danger, which is a good thing in my opinion.

NP: Bad Moon Rising - Without Your Love

~Brian~

Sea Hags..."oh no,I'm in the doghouse again..."Sea Hags fuckin rocked!But we are missing some more gems from the era

D'Molls-Warped
I Napoleon
Julliet

Salty Dog,definitely most underrated
All Badlands material is classic
Beau Nasty was killer
Southgang put out two great discs also.I don't think they were mentioned yet
Love/Hate....Jizzy is God,simple

I'd have to go dig through my cds to find other forgotten classics,but the era from 1988-1994 I purchased over 2000 CD's,many of which came in under the radar

Speaking of long-awaited reissues, Blue Oyster Cult's concept album Imaginos has finally been remastered for CD and reissued. :kickass:

Imaginos was always much more than just a BOC album since it involved a lot of outside talent (Joe Satriani, Aldo Nova, etc.) and the album realllly should have been marketed more as a metal album, since it's quite crunchy. Can't recommend it highly enough (except for "Del Rio's Song" :heh: ), especially if you like BOC.

Both of Babylon AD's releases are great, but the S/T is definately a classic. Good luck finding it though.

Baton Rouge actually has 3 albums out. The third is a S/T disc and mostly unheard of as it came long after the others. The S/T was probably my #1 album of 1997. "That singer" JenniferLynn dug is Kelly Keeling now of TSO East.

I actually found the S/T Babylon AD CD on Amazon Marketplace last year. It was $30, but well worth it to replace my cassette version!

Kelly Keeling is actually touring with TSO West instead of East...he's also done some dates with O2'L, a project featuring Jane Mangini and Al Pitrelli.

Report on used CD finds:
Khallice, Brazilian prog metal .99 cents.
Eidolon, barely used, $7.
Green Carnation, $5.

I love these types of finds, especially in the middle of the U.S.A.!!!

I actually found the S/T Babylon AD CD on Amazon Marketplace last year. It was $30, but well worth it to replace my cassette version!

Kelly Keeling is actually touring with TSO West instead of East...he's also done some dates with O2'L, a project featuring Jane Mangini and Al Pitrelli.

Yeah. West. My bad.

Makes me wish I'd bought about 10 copies of CD's like that and the Kick Axe when I had the chance. Looks like "Vices" is now going for over $70.

Sea Hags..."oh no,I'm in the doghouse again..."Sea Hags fuckin rocked!But we are missing some more gems from the era

D'Molls-Warped
I Napoleon
Julliet

Salty Dog,definitely most underrated
All Badlands material is classic
Beau Nasty was killer
Southgang put out two great discs also.I don't think they were mentioned yet
Love/Hate....Jizzy is God,simple

Julliet was awesome. "Eight Lives Gone" was a classic opening song. Wasnt a fan of Dmolls, or I Napoleon but I did like the one I.N. track called "I dont wanna sleep alone".

Southgang was great as well. Butch Walker so talented although I dont care for his latest musical ventures.

What about D'PRIEST? :headbang:

Lynch Mob w/Oni Logan
Fastway first two discs
Britney Fox
Slamming Gladys...Brooks has a voice of gold!
Smashed Gladys were ok.
Mr Big were great for about 4 discs
John Sykes Blue Murder,which was recently re-issued
Bullet Boys first two discs were fukkin killer!
Cat In Boots with the two Japs and two Americans
Collision-the Greek guys put two discs out...one was an all time classic,two was above average
Diamond Rexx....Batttttttttttttttttttttttttttssss!!!!!
Kingdom Come...also known as Kingdom Clone...but they had a few moments
Slik Toxic from Canada...Harem Scarem from same place
Tyketto had some moments also....Janie being one
Davy Vain and his crew from S.F.! Every disc is a glam classic...Beat the Bullet,Family,Secrets,every song has a memory attached for me
White Trash-Apple Pie
And last but not least....I dig this disc out once a year for shits and giggles....Young Turks ...not great but its still a good memory

As far as blasts from the past - has anyone seen Mike Tramp's White Lion live??

Not only is the guitarist Jaime Law an absolute BAD ASS, Tramp sounded pretty good - looked even better... But I was just flat out blown completely away by Law's playing...

Hell everyone was.. I hope they tour again, just so I can see him play...

As far as blasts from the past - has anyone seen Mike Tramp's White Lion live??

Not only is the guitarist Jaime Law an absolute BAD ASS, Tramp sounded pretty good - looked even better... But I was just flat out blown completely away by Law's playing...

Hell everyone was.. I hope they tour again, just so I can see him play...

He'd have to have someone good to play Vito's old stuff!

~Brian~

Makes me wish I'd bought about 10 copies of CD's like that and the Kick Axe when I had the chance. Looks like "Vices" is now going for over $70.

It's rediculous how much some CDs go for on Ebay. I started combing through the local pawn shops about 8 years ago because I didn't want to pay $100+ to replace my word out cassette of Lillian Axe's Love and War. It took 5-6 years but I finally found a copy for $2.50. I even had Steve Blaze sign it at a show just before PPVIII.

Another way-too-expensive CD that I'm still trying to find is the s/t Roxanne CD (http://cgi.ebay.com/Roxanne-s-t-CD-...goryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem). Just can't bring myself to spend that much money for a CD.