Iced Earth's Jon Schaffer's new solo project - Sons of Liberty

Manowar isn't so bad if you don't take them seriously...At all, but I've found that sincerity is it's own parody nowadays, so to be perfectly honest I don't think I could enjoy half the music I do if I took it too seriously.

One can argue that.

one could even write a book. :Smug:

I've listened to this album a few times and I have to say despite any political beliefs tied to it, I can easily cast that aside and enjoy the music and vocal melodies present in Jon's work. I'm not a political person and some would say my ignorance to politics is exactly what contributes to the way this country is going, but that's just my explanation as to how I can really enjoy Sons of Liberty and completely ignore the political message behind it no matter what I do or would believe politically.

I respect and see Zod's point of view on not listening to something due to its lyrical content. I'm not as strict about it, but I do I suppose in the event that someone was talking about vulgar things that they wish they could do or accomplish written in their music (rape, genocide, etc.) I couldn't say I'd support them or even listen to them no matter how fond i was of the musical talent.

So I see both sides of this little scenario on liking the music based on lyrical content and being able to shrug it away.