IN FLAMES To Utilize Two Session Guitarists On North American Tour

Oct 2, 2004
New Jersey
www.myspace.com
Sweden's IN FLAMES is preparing to launch a North American headlining tour in support of its critically acclaimed album "Come Clarity". Support on the trek, which will launch on December 5, will come from LACUNA COIL, THE SWORD and SEEMLESS.

As the Swedish metal titans prepare to depart Europe for the tour, the band has collectively issued a statement as to the temporarily modified touring lineup that will be in place for the headlining jaunt:

"For the upcoming North American tour, Björn [Gelotte, guitar] will be sitting out as his wife is due to give birth to their second child. Substituting on guitar will be our good friend Henrik Danhage from EVERGREY. We initially planned to have Jesper [Strömblad, guitar] with us as always on tour, but as previously reported, he is taking the rest of the year off due to personal reasons. As a result, Niklas Engelin (PASSENGER, ENGEL) is filling in for him all the dates through December 20. So to clarify for those who might be wondering, IN FLAMES is in no way breaking up, nor are these changes anything but temporary. We simply didn't want to disappoint anyone, including our loyal fans, so all shows that were booked prior to these circumstances will be done with the above-named session guitarists. New shows/tours are being booked for next year as we speak, featuring the five of us, so stop worrying (speculating, gossiping) and we'll see you all very soon."

IN FLAMES' new single — for the album's title track, "Come Clarity" — is seeing success at Active Rock radio with the launch of the first U.S. commercial campaign in the band's storied history. The video for the single was directed by Lex Halaby (MUDVAYNE, HOOBASTANK, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE) and has been posted online for viewing at this location.

"Come Clarity", the highly-influential Swedish band's debut for Ferret Music, took the hard rock community by storm upon its release, debuting at No. 58 on The Billboard 200, with first-week sales of nearly 25,000 copies. The highest-charting record in both the band and label's sales history, "Come Clarity" has sold more than 110,000 copies in the United States to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

What a joke

Did anyone else ever notice that these 'temporary breaks' often become 'definitive farewells'?? Do you remember what happened with Igor Cavalera? And Martin Lopez?....

I like the behaviour of In Flames way less than the one of Dark Tranquillity.

But i must say they rock to do that. Because i doubt they do it for money, and it is more than obvious that Bjorn had expected to have a break at this time of the year (ok maybe they could have not booked show but they might have tough that with only Bjorn not here, it wouldnt be that bad for the fans).

Many bands would have simply canceled the shows instead of trying to go on. And when you bought an airplane ticket for example, you dont get it reinbursed if your show is canceled. So even if the fans will see half of In Flames, i think they did their best and I can only applaud them for doing that. Now if only they could do longer show with older songs in the futur, i would love them again :)

To be honest, I saw them play with jespers replacement on the unholy alliance tour a month back, and they fucking ruled. alot tighter than when I've seen them in the past and a far better set list. What I'm basically saying is, you have nothing to worry about. Jespers replacement was some random techy I think, and replacing bjorn with the lad out of evergrey... He can shread anyones face off. To be honest you're in for a treat (although admittedly back in the day Jesper and Bjorn were a godlike duo).

Wasn´t it already Niklas Engelin?

"Random"??? Har-har-har.

I'm seeing both shows. And I don't care. Any of my most favourite band can take my money, soul, heart and left testicle... luckily enough, I have only two... most favourite bands.

IF have sold out heart and soul because they wanted to make more money, so dont even start

Well, they might have done shitty music to make money, i wont say anything against that, i just say the fact to go on with the tour does not seem really related to money for me

Well metal bands make most of their money from touring anyway and In Flames have done some propper random tours with bands of an unfamiliar and rather trendy ilk. What I think Taliesin and I are getting at, is the fact that why the fuck would half the original band still do a tour without the other half if not for the money? Especially when the only decent thing about In Flames are the guitarists and what they've done in the past? and making 15 grand off one tour isn't going to make you turn down making 15 grand on another... Money runs out... But it's not like friden's going to have to be stealing bread to feed his daughter and wife anytime soon you know?

Bjorn was on drums till 1999.

IF have sold out heart and soul because they wanted to make more money, so dont even start

Are you a fucking financial advisor? Accountant? Marke-fuckin'-tologist? Start WHAT?

They make living like that, and? They are taking every opportunity to possibly make money with a tour when they have this opportunity. No band can be guilty of trying to please the fans (me) when some of the band members can't show up. Well, if it's not some J-Z, but I still don't care about (but 7 cities in 15 hours or something... wow).

But it's not like friden's going to have to be stealing bread to feed his daughter and wife anytime soon you know?

You always try to do the best for the loved ones, and you make money while you can, as much as you can, because you never know what's gona happen tomorrow. Especially in entertainment business.

IMO I really don't care about why they are doing this tour. I enjoy their songs, and I'm glad to see them in concert every time.... I don't understand why we need to analyse everything... And with two new guitar players, well, it's gonna be even better :) Everybody needs some change once in a while! :)

And with two new guitar players, well, it's gonna be even better :) Everybody needs some change once in a while! :)
Would you say the same if it was two new guitar players for DT?
I dread to even think about it. *knocks wood*

Would you say the same if it was two new guitar players for DT?
I dread to even think about it. *knocks wood*

you can put any band instead of dt ("new guitar players for xxxx"), but this isn't the case, right?:saint: