In the vein of Ruthven's Toto question... what about CDB?

enki3600

MetalHead & Engineer
Sep 20, 2004
I've often thought to ask this, but for some reason shied away.
There are those songs out there that no matter what genre they claim to belong to, are just damned good, if not just damned metal.

Therefore, I wonder if anybody has ever done or heard a cover of Charlie Daniel's Band - The Devil Went Down to Georgia?
(hmm, he probably goes to earthlink about September-ish, eh? :) )

I've always maintained that that is an ultimate metal song, and would be eargasmic if played with a double bass drum :headbang:

A cool Chattanooga, TN area band named Chokeslam did a great cover of my favorite CDB song, "The Legend of Woolly Swamp."

Ruthven said:
A cool Chattanooga, TN area band named Chokeslam did a great cover of my favorite CDB song, "The Legend of Woolly Swamp."

That's the CDB song I'd like to hear metalized.

enki3600 said:
I wonder if anybody has ever done or heard a cover of Charlie Daniel's Band - The Devil Went Down to Georgia?

Pepsi shot a commercial based on the song that pitted a hip-hop violinist (can’t recall her name at the moment) against electric violinist Mark Wood (who has performed with Van Helsing’s Curse and Trans-Siberian Orchestra) as the devil. There were a lot of rumors that the commercial would air during the Super Bowl, but it didn’t. Don’t know if it’s ever seen the light of day.