IRON MAIDEN/MEGADETH U.S. Tour 2013

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
IRON MAIDEN Announce Select US Dates With MEGADETH

IRON MAIDEN will make a brief return to the USA this September, playing seven specially selected shows en-route to Latin America where they will once again headline at the legendary Rock In Rio Festival, Brazil, on 22 September, their show there having recently sold out to 70,000 fans in just a couple of hours

These will begin with a first-ever visit to Raleigh, NC, for the opening show on September 3rd at the Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion followed by taking Metal back to country music capital Nashville, TN where Maiden haven’t played in over twenty years, at the Bridgestone Arena on September 5th. There will also be shows in Kansas City, MO, Sprint Center on September 7th, St Louis, MO, Verizon Wireless on September 8th and the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, NV on September 12th , all of which Maiden last visited way back in 2000 on the Brave New World Tour. Plus a return to Austin, TX for a show at the 360 Amphitheater on September 10th, the first time the band have played in that city since the original Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son Tour twenty-five years ago!

Very special guests on all these dates will be MEGADETH.

Before they finally head south towards Brazil, Maiden will also headline a very special event at the San Manuel Amphitheater, San Bernardino, CA. The Battle Of San Bernardino will take place on Friday 13th September. Anthrax, Testament, Overkill and Sabaton will join tour special guests Megadeth for this performance only, making for a big, loud and exciting day out for Metal fans in Southern California. (Read more about The Battle Of San Bernardino)

Tickets for the Las Vegas and San Bernardino shows go on sale 12 April. Tickets for Raleigh, Nashville, St Louis and Austin go onsale 13 April. Tickets for Kansas City go onsale 17 May. See below for exact onsale times and links.

An exclusive first ticket pre-sale for Iron Maiden Fan Club members will run on Wednesday 10 April. Fan Club members will also be eligible in the draw to be ‘First To The Barrier’.

Stoked for the San Bernadino show...I've lost interest in Megadeth, although they could still be fun live if Dave doesn't talk, and the last time I saw Anthrax they were terrible, but Maiden/Testament/Overkill/Sabaton will be KILLER! Between ProgPower, Maiden, and Kamelot, September is shaping up nicely.

Stoked for the San Bernadino show...I've lost interest in Megadeth, although they could still be fun live if Dave doesn't talk, and the last time I saw Anthrax they were terrible, but Maiden/Testament/Overkill/Sabaton will be KILLER! Between ProgPower, Maiden, and Kamelot, September is shaping up nicely.

I agree 100%, the Battle of San Bernadino show looks amazing. I, like you, have almost no desire to see Megadeth. I love their older stuff and I have seen them a bunch of times (including in their prime) and have no interest in crazy Dave's version even as a greatest hits act. But Testament, Anthrax and Sabaton will all be amazing.

I agree 100%, the Battle of San Bernadino show looks amazing. I, like you, have almost no desire to see Megadeth. I love their older stuff and I have seen them a bunch of times (including in their prime) and have no interest in crazy Dave's version even as a greatest hits act. But Testament, Anthrax and Sabaton will all be amazing.
Megadeth can still tear it up musically - when they supported Heaven & Hell several years ago, they came out, went through hits/classics for 45 minutes with a minimum of talking, and got off the stage. Granted, that was before Dave had gone full crazy, but if they do another set like that, it could end up being fun.

I hope people show up early enough to see Sabaton, this could be some damn good exposure for them.

Might hit up Nashville.

As for that Cali show...WTF???????????????

Overkill playing BEFORE Sabaton?
Now I know that this forum has a LOT of Sabaton fans, and they are fine and all.
They are road warriors for sure.
But seriously?????????
Have those guys even earned the right yet to light Bobby's cigarettes, let alone play above them?

Sorry for the rant... Just sick of seeing Overkill CONSTANTLY getting the shaft in such lineups.
I mean they have been road warriors more CONSISTENTLY than anyone on that lineup, including Maiden.

Might hit up Nashville.

As for that Cali show...WTF???????????????

Overkill playing BEFORE Sabaton?
Now I know that this forum has a LOT of Sabaton fans, and they are fine and all.
They are road warriors for sure.
But seriously?????????
Have those guys even earned the right yet to light Bobby's cigarettes, let alone play above them?

Sorry for the rant... Just sick of seeing Overkill CONSTANTLY getting the shaft in such lineups.
I mean they have been road warriors more CONSISTENTLY than anyone on that lineup, including Maiden.

Interesting that you complain about this, but when a local gets added to the direct support slot playing AFTER other bands on a tour package, you "understand the promoter's point of view."

So, much as you said to me in that earlier thread, it's just business. May not feel like it's "fair", but hey, it's the music business. It is what it is.

Oh of course it's the business.........

And the latest Sabaton may have (and quite possibly) sold more copies than the latest Overkill.

It's more about me bickering about how Overkill seems to get "No Respect"!!!! :)

And the latest Sabaton may have (and quite possibly) sold more copies than the latest Overkill.
I checked out of curiosity, according to Blabbermouth, Overkill's first week sales were 4100 while Sabaton's were 950. No idea what the totals now are, someone who has access to Billboard/Soundscan data may or may not want to chime in.

It's more about me bickering about how Overkill seems to get "No Respect"!!!! :)
They are underrated, but Overkill have pretty much plateaued - they're just not going to get any bigger than they are, and could see reduced sales if/when the retro thrash trend dies. Sabaton, on the other hand, have a lot of potential to continue growing for years to come.

You have got to be friggin' kidding me!!! They play in Tennessee and it's on the same night as the The Showcase....

If anyone needs me I'll be banging my head up against the wall in the corner. :( I wouldn't miss CIIC, but still that's very aggravating.

~Brian~

Not complaining about there being a show in Raleigh, but why do we get the shaft for almost ALL of the Prog/Power bands, but we get giant stadium Iron Maiden Megadeth shows. I don't get it! Maybe they are relying on the giant redneck population of Raleigh to mistake Maiden for Lynyrd Skynyrd...

That San Bernardino lineup is awesome, but since it is the weekend after PP, 8 hours away, and the fact that I've seen every one of those bands in the last year, I'll probably give it a miss.

Not complaining about there being a show in Raleigh, but why do we get the shaft for almost ALL of the Prog/Power bands, but we get giant stadium Iron Maiden Megadeth shows. I don't get it! Maybe they are relying on the giant redneck population of Raleigh to mistake Maiden for Lynyrd Skynyrd...

That's not a serious question, is it?