Island (For fans of Enslaved, Opeth, Agalloch...)

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
I just came across this German band called Island. They perform a rather intricate dark/atmospheric almost doomy progressive metal. I am digging this, it really reminds me of Opeth, Enslaved, Anathema and even Green Carnation. Fans of the style should check it out, pretty cool stuff!

An interesting excerpt of a review found online:

The Opeth like Death Metal got completely renounced, only progressive influences can be made out in the guitar work. Island now ranges between Post Rock, Ambient and Experimental with many instrumental passages, wonderful melodies, acoustic guitars and clean vocals. Every now and then unobtrusive brasses set accents. Only the end of Origin sees ISLAND erupting in heavy riffwork and ecstatic singing.
Island offers seven tracks of epic length, except for Mistral that can be almost taken as an interlude with its 4 minutes of running time ;) Island is a wonderful record that perfectly suits the drear changeover from winter to spring with its grey and damp days but with the smell and feeling of warmth, light and life in the air.

http://www.myspace.com/islandofficial