Jeff Scott Soto Confirmed for ProgPower USA XVI

While I certainly feel for any Morgana Lefay fans out there, this is definitely an upgrade for me. I can officially say that I'm easily looking forward to 3/4 of the main festival's lineup now. Soto is a killer singer, and I know he'll put on a hell of a show. Those not familiar with him should do themselves a favor and give him just ten minutes of their time. They'll be hooked!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Definitely on the cheesy side during the chorus, but I know I dig this. Maybe I could be swayed if there's more like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw him once with Yngwie opening for Maiden in 1987. The guitar was so loud you couldn't hear him. So I guess I've seen him but not actually heard him. Typical Yngwie. :err:

so based on a SINGLE song??? SMH....

I'm kinda in agreement with the earlier statement, but its also based on JSS' entire body of work. He's a great addition to the fest but he's also only going to fit into a certain niche stylistically. I have listened to 2 or 3 other JSS things today and none of them are great, and none of them are bad either, they just are...

I won't hang out in the lobby during his set, but Friday has gone from a must see day from when the bands were announced to an "I can be out of there and getting dinner before bed at 7 PM" kind of day. Two of the main reasons for digging this show have left the bill leaving me trying to force myself to listen to the other bands to try to earn some sort of liking for them.

Depending on my mood Friday night I may be gearing up for Saturday with a lot of rest.

Saw him w/ W.E.T. in Chicago...you guys are in for a great show!

Let's just hope that he leaves all the backing tracks at home. The W.E.T. show sounded just like the record...too much like the record for these ears. Some might say that's a good thing, but I want to make sure he's really singing the stuff "live"...

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing addition!! I only saw him once with that Journey guitarist project he did. Would love to hear some Talisman material live. Anybody know his current touring band?

I only need this song:
I Am a Viking / I'll See the Light Tonight

DONE!

I'll second this again...re-second it....third it...whatever...just fucking do it!

...As the shores of my home disappear
I sail over the sea without fear
Dragonship's are charging through the waves
Just want to sail away, far away, into the sea yeah

FUCK YEAH!!!

While I am familiar with some of Soto’s music, I have not followed his career closely. However, all the links in this tread (thanks everyone!) sound fantastic :Spin: to me and I will have to dig into his career further to prepare for his performance. Given the length and diversity of his career that won’t be easy to do in a month, but when it comes to Prog Power, I am always up for the challenge.

On a separate but related note, ProgPower XVI is sold out; thus there is no more revenue to be had. I am sure that Glenn had investments in Morgana Lefay that he will not recoup. It would have been easy, tempting, and probably far more profitable for him to slide in a lesser known and presumably lower cost alternative. It is a measure of just how much Glenn loves this festival, the music, and the Prog Power fans that he went the extra 10,000 miles to bring us an act like Jeff Scott Soto at this last minute. Thanks Bro, you are the best and the reason why this is the best damn festival on the planet!

On a separate but related note, ProgPower XVI is sold out; thus there is no more revenue to be had. I am sure that Glenn had investments in Morgana Lefay that he will not recoup. It would have been easy, tempting, and probably far more profitable for him to slide in a lesser known and presumably lower cost alternative. It is a measure of just how much Glenn loves this festival, the music, and the Prog Power fans that he went the extra 10,000 miles to bring us an act like Jeff Scott Soto at this last minute. Thanks Bro, you are the best and the reason why this is the best damn festival on the planet!

Thank you Lane. I appreciate you realizing that.

G.

While I am familiar with some of Soto’s music, I have not followed his career closely. However, all the links in this tread (thanks everyone!) sound fantastic :Spin: to me and I will have to dig into his career further to prepare for his performance. Given the length and diversity of his career that won’t be easy to do in a month, but when it comes to Prog Power, I am always up for the challenge.

Second this. Seriously. Wow.