Just a thought: ProgPower Credit Card

delainnation

Sep 14, 2010
nashville,tn
I often have these crazy ideas that pop in my head that I have no clue how they would work. I wanted to get some feedback on what would be involved with creating a credit card that sponsors the ProgPower festival every year. We all know that the fest is not cheap and this might be a way for us to give back to the fest in some small way. My thought is for a credit card that we could all use on the expense of going to the fest and it would have fest perks attached to it. Discounts on hotels,meals etc. during the week of the fest and in return ProgPower could get a percentage of our monthly payment to help fund the fest itself. Maybe it would work, maybe not. Just wanted to share it and see what you all think. Thanks for listening to me ramble.

If ProgPower were a Non-Profit organization, CapitalOne has a program for affinity cards that might apply: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=70667&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1294925&highlight=

As I do not know if Glenn would be interesting in turning the ProgPower Brand into a 501(c)(3) corporation, his other option would just be to negotiate with credit card issuers, and see if interest was there. Unless the ProgPower Nation exceeded 5,000 folks (who would be interested in giving up personal info, etc), the banks would not see the potential benefit.

Great outside-the-box thinking, though. Assuming the terms were right, I'd be proud to put that card in my Wallet.