Just curious about the next generation of "euro" power metal bands

Edguy's new album Rocket Ride has some definite power metal on it like their classics but also alot of straight foward balls out heavy metal (a little bit of Accept but also a little bit of Dio) as well as alot of harder and heavier Los Angeles hair influence (Warrant/Dog Eat Dog, Winger/Pull, also the heavier moments of Damn Yankees/Hurricane). I think the new album is a great mix of everything and will help take the band even further to the top of the mountain.

Pyramaze51 said:
Does DREAMTALES or TWILIGHTNING ring a bell, or even NOCTURNAL RITES??? oh Shit i forgot THUNDERSTONE.

I just went on a limb and purchased the Thunderstone catalog and I must say, I am floored. I never had gotten around to listen to an mp3 sample, but I have heard a good buzz about them. I really dig'em and wouldn't mind seeing a PPVII booking.

And although it looks like we are catering to PP bands, I'm surprised no one mentioned Silent Force. Yeah, they aren't the youngest, but the songs they write very good.

Pagan's Mind? If they can get their sound out to the world, they could compete with Dream Theater for the current prog throne.

Clark Griswold said:
I just went on a limb and purchased the Thunderstone catalog and I must say, I am floored. I never had gotten around to listen to an mp3 sample, but I have heard a good buzz about them. I really dig'em and wouldn't mind seeing a PPVII booking.

Excellent band, indeed!

Clark Griswold said:
And although it looks like we are catering to PP bands, I'm surprised no one mentioned Silent Force. Yeah, they aren't the youngest, but the songs they write very good.

They did pretty good on PP3, but I'd rather see someone like Pagan's Mind, Evergrey or Mercenary as a returning band.

Clark Griswold said:
Pagan's Mind? If they can get their sound out to the world, they could compete with Dream Theater for the current prog throne.

Ummm... not that high... lol There's still a bunch of bands who're ahead of Pagan's Mind...

JayKeeley said:
So out of curiosity, which bands do you think are going to deliver the next "Land of the Free", "Imaginations from the Other Side", or "Theater of Salvation"?

Who are tomorrow's headliners? :kickass:

Bands that are still absolutely kicking ass !!

Vanden Plas.... despite "Beyond Daylight" being released when parachute pants were still in style..... well not that long ago..... they will execute !

Tad Morose..... they get better and better. I am scared to hear their next one.

Pagans Mind.... might be a while, but they write great stuff.

Redemption - Can you say the rebirth of FW ?

Angel Dust---- the reunion fell through... not !! They will return.

Metal Church.... a bunch of new guys trying to do classic powermetal... yawn !! Wait a minute.... I have a strange feeling..... this band might be able to recapture glory.

Bryant

TheGraveDigger said:
Edguy's new album Rocket Ride has some definite power metal on it like their classics but also alot of straight foward balls out heavy metal (a little bit of Accept but also a little bit of Dio) as well as alot of harder and heavier Los Angeles hair influence (Warrant/Dog Eat Dog, Winger/Pull, also the heavier moments of Damn Yankees/Hurricane). I think the new album is a great mix of everything and will help take the band even further to the top of the mountain.

GraveDigger, your description has sparked my interest! :D

Bryant said:
Bands that are still absolutely kicking ass !!

Vanden Plas.... despite "Beyond Daylight" being released when parachute pants were still in style..... well not that long ago..... they will execute !

Tad Morose..... they get better and better. I am scared to hear their next one.

Pagans Mind.... might be a while, but they write great stuff.

Redemption - Can you say the rebirth of FW ?

Angel Dust---- the reunion fell through... not !! They will return.

Metal Church.... a bunch of new guys trying to do classic powermetal... yawn !! Wait a minute.... I have a strange feeling..... this band might be able to recapture glory.

Bryant

If we're going to loose Zonder from Fates and possibly the entire band as we know it, then I can't think of a better replacement than Redemption! :headbang:

The_Kinslayer said:
In my opinion, Kamelot, though not European, are the premier power metal band at the moment, not because of popularity but because of quality and consistency.

I completely agree with Kamelot. 4th Legacy is an extremely solid album, only to be topped by Epica and Black Halo. I'm very impressed they were able to release these two albums so close together and maintain such high quality on both of them. All the members of Kamelot is not European, but Khan is. I think they count :D

I'm a bit surprised that Sonata Arctica seems to have lost some steam (At least they seem to on this forum). Their sound has definately evolved between Ecliptica and Reckoning Night, but I love all their albums, and expect good things to come.

Nate