KILT Night for Guys

I have been wavering about buying a Utilikilt for awhile now, but I've never bought one, thinking I would only ever wear it to Dragon Con. However, if I could wear it to Dragon Con AND ProgPower, that might just be worth it!

Nate

Buy one - you will never regret it! I hesitated for months before my first, and I am amazed at the comfort whenever I don't wear it for a period of time. You'll learn to hate pants.
I have a buddy of mine who attends PP with me, and I convinced him to buy a UK as well (he's scottish, so not a big stretch there) and I think he'd say the same thing.

JP

Buy one - you will never regret it! I hesitated for months before my first, and I am amazed at the comfort whenever I don't wear it for a period of time. You'll learn to hate pants.
I have a buddy of mine who attends PP with me, and I convinced him to buy a UK as well (he's scottish, so not a big stretch there) and I think he'd say the same thing.

JP

I'm interested in getting one, where would be a good place to buy one?

Be spontaneous like Metal Rose! It seems to work for her, doesn't it? (although I can't see myself in bubble wrap anytime soon)

Thanks for the props. :)

But I too participate in corset night... and the bubble wrap, chain mail and other outfits take a lot of planning to try and top the year before. But then again, maybe I shouldn't have said anything I don't want to burst anyone's illusions of me!

-Metal

As for the naysayers - and looking around I see it's mostly the ones who are worried about their manliness being questioned - don't worry about it. No one is forcing you to be a part of anything. Just go swill your beer and stand around and point and laugh at the ones who choose to participate. It's not going to hurt my feelings any. :Smug: And when the sexy gals in their corsets are hanging out with me (and John and whoever else participates), you can go chat with all your guy friends about how manly you are. :p

Quoted for truth alone.

-Metal

I'm all for men in kilts but you know daggone well that pasty white chicken legs will be the norm for those brave enough to wear... (and for those that get offended, it's a JOKE...)

And I have to tell you, I know of some guys that talk about what concert shirts they are bringing to PP or which one they are going to wear to what show... Before ya know it they'll be asking us 'does this Conception shirt make my beer gut look big??'