List of False Metal bands

False metal is not the opposite of true metal. False metal is used to describe bands that are only metal because its a trend. Thus the term 'hipster metal'. It can apply to eras of bands as well, where they change their music to fit a trend, but there's somewhat of a difference there, as the bands tend to still love metal and play from their full discography. Most of the hipster metal is already dead, as it was about a 3 year resurrgence.

No, there is plenty of "hipster metal" out there. Southern Lord is doing just fine and still signs new bands. Most of the "hipster metal" bands are still touring and putting out new albums. It's still alive and well.

other than that this thread is A JOKE.

Thank you.

I realize that constantly listening to music about fairy princesses and dragons isn't very conducive to negative thoughts towards other types of metal, but when you're like me and enjoy some church burning and baby eating in your metal you tend to take a different attitude.

And I leave you with this....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDzt6yI3Dw8&feature=av2n[/ame]

AND THEY DID AN "I KISSED A GIRL" COVER!!! should have been a boy with the way he sounds....

NOW HERES THE REALL WAY TO DO I KISSED A GIRL

Last edited by a moderator:
No, there is plenty of "hipster metal" out there. Southern Lord is doing just fine and still signs new bands. Most of the "hipster metal" bands are still touring and putting out new albums. It's still alive and well.

Yeah but Pitchfork is no longer into it. So now you have people who enjoy metal and are sticking with it. Hipster metal brought in some fans. And you like some Southern Lord bands anyhow ;)

Yeah but Pitchfork is no longer into it. So now you have people who enjoy metal and are sticking with it. Hipster metal brought in some fans. And you like some Southern Lord bands anyhow ;)

Hell yeah I do, I love "hipster metal" and have always thought it was a dumb term. Pitchfork just doesn't count anymore because they're too mainstream, therefore not alt, therefore not hipster, and hipsters don't like things that receive too much attention. It's a never ending cycle.

Like several people have said I think it is very subjective. Lots of bands have many metal elements but like everything else metal we just have to fit it perfectly into genre.

That said I submit to of the most unmetal things I've seen done from bands that have helped the metal industry with the public view in America.

Dragonforce live. It blows and sucks at the same time. They're lucky pierre. You can't convince me you're metal and then not have any bass live. Or have a fan that's only purpose it to blow your hair so you look cool. Doesn't help when Disturbed is behind you on the set and you look like shit in comparison (and I'm not really a disturbed fan).

Coheed and Cambria live on tour without their drummer and bassist so they over mix the guitars and the fill ins don't know the parts. Plus no backing vocals making the music seem void. Just a sad moment. Josh Eppard quit the band shortly after this happened, as did the bassist who ended up returning.

NOW THIS IS MY KIND OF THREAD.
Incarceri 9

:lol: :lol: :lol:

False metal actually stands for a fictitious, non-existent thing that some people just insist on. Kinda like Santa Claus and intelligent, common-sense members of the tea party.

Wow, that was a pretty asinine comment. Wayyyyy beneath you, sir.

Dragonforce live. It blows and sucks at the same time. They're lucky pierre. You can't convince me you're metal and then not have any bass live. Or have a fan that's only purpose it to blow your hair so you look cool.

Well, hell, if Steve Vai can do it...... :heh:

And I leave you with this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDzt6yI3Dw8&feature=av2n

AND THEY DID AN "I KISSED A GIRL" COVER!!! should have been a boy with the way he sounds....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVwsLTMWnWI

NOW HERES THE REALL WAY TO DO I KISSED A GIRL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vil-s82_LM0

forgot to mention ALL VERSIONS of this suck. so tired of bands trying to cash in on songs that aren't even a year old. LAME. i mean somebody should do a death metal cover of "Rock You To Hell" or something. ;) oh wait....