LOL - The Jesus Metal Explosion.

( I am sure I'll get FLAMED for this comment ) :)

I was once told by a Norwegian born Black Metal artist that " all metal needs to be judged on it's musical quality and execution and not the message. " If it's good music, then that is what should be judged.

I must admit, the lyrics in that tune test my abilities to let the song stand on the quality of it musical execution. I am hoping the lyrics were a bad translation into English.

'cuz emo kids are totally rebellious.

Haha so I just wanted to come back to this quote because I saw this got announced:

215827_209978782354586_115076618511470_802649_8019249_n.jpg

Yeah not all of these bands are emo/screamo, but they all fit under the punk umbrella whether it's hardcore, metalcore, deathcore, screamo, emo. Certainly no metal. These are all bands scene kids who go to Warped and such listen to (I do confess to being a fan of The Chariot for sure though). You'd never see major booking agencies booking a metal tour like this, but this tour is the fourth one of its kind. Not making any judgement, just making an observation on how different a role religiosity plays within the two scenes and how they are accepted.

You too!

This whole thread made me realize that I've never written a bible-inspired song. I don't know if I ever will, but if I do it will be a little less obvious. I'm just not comfortable throwing my praises around, but if you are, there isn't anything wrong with that.

Now, writing a song about someone who goes to war for their beliefs (the Crusades, the Inquisition..) that's another story, entirely. And not one that would neccesarily paint the crusadors in a positive light.

Thanks:) Did I? Hmm ok cool. That sounds interesting. The theme I think would remind me of Angras Temple of Shadows.

( I am sure I'll get FLAMED for this comment ) :)

I was once told by a Norwegian born Black Metal artist that " all metal needs to be judged on it's musical quality and execution and not the message. " If it's good music, then that is what should be judged.

I must admit, the lyrics in that tune test my abilities to let the song stand on the quality of it musical execution. I am hoping the lyrics were a bad translation into English.

I can hear what you're saying. I could be wrong, but it sounds too awkward for it not to be at least partially a weirdness in translation too.

I appreciate your use of a thesaurus, but not everyone thinks the female vocals + soft rock with a distortion pedal classifies as art OR beauty. Metal can be beautiful without flowerly backing music.

Some just don't like Delain. Others do. Personally, I fall into the first category. Nothing wrong with either taste difference.

Lol, noted. Yea I'm aware of that. I can understand people not preferring or liking Delain. I don't have anything against people with sucky taste lol. Joking. The thing I was trying to touch on was I talk to a lot of people who have a narrow view of metal, that is, unless it fits more so a death metal, brutal or dark sound it isn't metal. I don't know if that's really where anyone was coming from in here, but it's just an observation. But apart from preference I view art as the minds ability to create order external to itself, which would encompass Delain.. but would one prefer or like them over some other band, that's their choice or preference. So if you don't like them, or consider them metal, but soft rock or what not, fair enough.

Once again, true wisdom from the mind of a Norwegian black metal artist.

I take your comment was sarcastic? If so, I wouldn't go around generalizing that way... There's quite some wise individuals in that scene despite all the theatrics behind it...

No, I wasn't being sarcastic at all! Sorry for not making that clear, I totally agree with what that dude is saying and I love Norwegian black metal artists!

:kickass:

I completely forgot about that record, but I think you're right. Thanks for bringing it up....I know what I'm going to be listening to for the next 3 days, heh.

That album is in my Top 5 ever. So damn good it's not even funny..

And OrWarriOr is also in that list. I think it's crazy how that band was able to write two masterpieces back to back.