Maryland Deathfest, 2010 edition. You need to check this out.

I would love to see SODOM tour, though it seems they favor one offs. Probably make more $$$ that way.

Enter The Vault apparently, in their latest e-mail newsletter or whatever, said that a Sodom tour announcement is coming soon.

As much as I like quite a few bands on this bill, this overjoys me. May 28th is, I think, my last day of High School - I would love to go, but I don't know if I'd be able to, might have an exam that day or something as we don't know our exam schedule yet (obviously. it's only October). Sodom would be the biggest draw for me, so seeing them SOMEWHERE closer would be awesome. This really is a pretty damn awesome lineup, on par with last years. One of these years I'll make it, but this year I'm satisfied to just see Sodom somewhere else.

BRT would be cool. I got to meet and hang out with Tchort when he was on the ill-fated tour of the States with Green Carnation. Awesome dude. Blood Red Throne is good, but I wish I could have seen him (Tchort) come over as part of Carpathian Forest. Just found out he left that band (not sure why). But still, CF kicks fucking ass...that would've been cool (probably still would...they still got Nattefrost).

Booking the hotel either tonight or tomorrow. Splitting with a friend of mine, but would definitely like 1 or 2 more people to get in on that.

How much was the flight? I should be getting a buddy pass but would like to have money set aside just in case.

Not too bad...what about the hotel? I waited too long to book that $50 deal through Hotwire, but I found a $80 one through Travelocity that's only about half a mile away.

Not too bad...what about the hotel? I waited too long to book that $50 deal through Hotwire, but I found a $80 one through Travelocity that's only about half a mile away.

The Hotwire deal was $109 the last time I checked so you may still be able to get a deal.

Radisson is $109 if you enter MDF as the promo/coupon code. That's about a half-mile away. What's the $80 one? We're staying at the Quality Inn Downtown.

I can only read maybe like 2 band names. The other logos have a strikingly similar resemblance to white noise. Its like those opener bands that never say the name of their band...:loco:
Yea, I knew someone would make fun of us that make fun of those dreadful fonts, but seriously, when I first look at the fest poster it looks like a bad tie-dye job where some of the ties have loosened (bands you can read). Seems like more of the fonts look less deathtisized and more like what your windshield looks like after you smack you head into it. Maybe that's the point. :err:

Blood Red Throne is awesome but this statement is just blasphemy.
With the exception of Naglfar, there's not another band (on that line-up) I'd cross the street to see. So to clarify my original statement:

Blood Red Throne >>> Naglfar >>> remainder of MDF

However, to be fair, I can't say I'm familiar with all the artists on the bill. So there may be a few that I'd enjoy if I spent some time with them. But as a rule, I find Death Metal to be the genre I like least, of the genres I enjoy.

Zod

With the exception of Naglfar, there's not another band (on that line-up) I'd cross the street to see. So to clarify my original statement:

However, to be fair, I can't say I'm familiar with all the artists on the bill. So there may be a few that I'd enjoy if I spent some time with them. But as a rule, I find Death Metal to be the genre I like least, of the genres I enjoy.

Zod

Ah, well that definitely makes sense then.

If you're not familiar with them, I'd recommend checking out Converge. They get pigeonholed as a hardcore band, but that's mainly because of their older (over 10 years ago) albums and their fanbase. Definitely not a death metal band, and have never made the same album twice. All are excellent.

Zod

I like a lot of the bands on the bill at this years MDF, but I wholeheartedly agree with the above statement! Naglfar and Blood Red Throne are my all-time favorite Black and Death Metal bands respectively! I've yet to see either of them live, so to see both on the same bill would be just about zen for me!

Blood Red Throne just seem to have everything I love about a death metal band. They are like the perfect mixture of Slayer, Suffocation, and Cannibal Corpse! In a recent interview with Dod, he made it sound like 2010 will be the year they finally cross the pond. :headbang:

I like a lot of the bands on the bill at this years MDF, but I wholeheartedly agree with the above statement! Naglfar and Blood Red Throne are my all-time favorite Black and Death Metal bands respectively! I've yet to see either of them live, so to see both on the same bill would be just about zen for me!

Blood Red Throne just seem to have everything I love about a death metal band. They are like the perfect mixture of Slayer, Suffocation, and Cannibal Corpse! In a recent interview with Dod, he made it sound like 2010 will be the year they finally cross the pond. :headbang:

haha, hopefully he meant 2011 so they can be added to next year's MDF :headbang: