Maryland Deathfest, 2010 edition. You need to check this out.

Haha if you had begun your statement with "In my opinion..." I could take you seriously.
Whose opinion, other than my own, would I be stating?

Perhaps you believe every thought expressed on the internet should be prefaced with, "in my opinion"? However, if that's the case, you should have written, "In my opinion, I can't take you seriously".

Zod

Whose opinion, other than my own, would I be stating?

Perhaps you believe every thought expressed on the internet should be prefaced with, "in my opinion"? However, if that's the case, you should have written, "In my opinion, I can't take you seriously".

Zod

Good points. I can take you seriously again.

Good points. I can take you seriously again.
That actually made me laugh out loud. :lol:

In all seriousness, I'm just not a big Death Metal fan. For whatever reason, it's just never grabbed me the way Prog, Power and Black Metal. So in all fairness, it's probably best that my opinions on Death Metal be taken with a grain of salt. That said, Hail of Bullets was totally kicking my ass at the gym yesterday.:kickass:

Zod

I would love to go, as I'm a fan of a good enough number of those bands (plus, General Surgery are playing the Pre-Party on Thursday and love them too). But after last year's mishap where I bought the ticket & the travel and then had to cancel my plans days before the show, I'm not too eager to risk it again. I'll probably just end up seeing Sodom in NYC on the 28th instead (though I'd really like to see Gorguts, Asphyx, Pestilence, Autopsy, etc..). That plan is less risky and more likely to work out.

Just saw Pentagram this past Saturday in Chicago.
They are tighter than ever!
Love their current lineup.

Curious to hear the reviews from you guys on this forum after you see them.

Hope you dig em.

That actually made me laugh out loud. :lol:

In all seriousness, I'm just not a big Death Metal fan. For whatever reason, it's just never grabbed me the way Prog, Power and Black Metal. So in all fairness, it's probably best that my opinions on Death Metal be taken with a grain of salt. That said, Hail of Bullets was totally kicking my ass at the gym yesterday.:kickass:

Zod

Awesome. I'm always glad to bring laughter (intentionally). After reading your posts I realized in the Pain of Salvation Linoleum video thread I stated, "This is gay," and understood what you were talking about.

And for a second I pictured Martin Van Drunen, and some long-haired black clad metalheads pushing around General Zod from Superman 2 by the free-weights.

If I didn't already have a ton of money tied up in upcoming concerts this year, PPXI being the biggest expenditure of course!, I'd go to this in a heartbeat. So many of my favorite death metal bands at this thing, man, its come a long ways since the first couple. Melechesh, are you kidding, that alone is worth the price, Asphyx new one absolutely kicks ass, the legendary Entombed? I could go on and on, it just makes me cry thinking about not going so I'm going to stop now...:cry:

Nope but I am going to try and see a Gorguts w/ Portal and Krallice warm-up show tonight as they make their way down to Baltimore. Should be fun. I was reading online that numerous locals who would be no-brainers for this show are planning to skip it because they're going down to MDF and would rather conserve money and just see them there. So I wonder if tonight's crowd might be sparser than normal. I'm also realizing I should probably expect similar for this Friday's local Hypocrisy stop. (unhelpful post, I know)

Nope but I am going to try and see a Gorguts w/ Portal and Krallice warm-up show tonight as they make their way down to Baltimore. Should be fun. I was reading online that numerous locals who would be no-brainers for this show are planning to skip it because they're going down to MDF and would rather conserve money and just see them there. So I wonder if tonight's crowd might be sparser than normal. I'm also realizing I should probably expect similar for this Friday's local Hypocrisy stop. (unhelpful post, I know)

I skipped the Atlanta date of the Capitalist Casualties/Verbal Abuse/Fang show for the same reason...biggest mistake I've made in a while. It was supposedly the most ridiculous show that particular venue (a DIY warehouse that just started running over the past 2 years) has ever seen. I ran into Brutal Truth's singer the other day and his new band opened that show, and he said that it reminded him of punk/metal shows in the 80s. SUCKS.

another unhelpful post haha.

The issue with Alehorn is that they do zero promotion for it. Look who we have had play there already....

Manilla Road
Slough Feg
Cresant Shield
November's Doom
Winterhawk
Twisted Tower Dire
Hammers of Misfourtune
Argus
Ludicra
Bible of the Devil
Pharoh
Icarus Witch
Superchrist

and a few others in the past 4 years.....this is as close to the Keep It True Festival and maybe like 60 to 80 people show up each year. This year since it was free was the most crowded its been. They really need to start spreading the word about this fest. It is always a great time.

Now that would be a fest of real heavy metal, sadly it would be lame in turnout.

it did happen...it is called Alehorn of Power. It happens once a year in Chicago and no one comes. It is very sad.

I knew about it, good friends with a few of the bands who have played it. But I always thought it was smaller line ups.
America is not the place for real heavy metal or traditional, true, whatever. American audience for the most part like everything polished and over produced. Seems how shiny the singer's leathers are is more important than the heart behind it. Take it as an option but it just seems so clear when you say look at Germany compared to the U.S. So really it does not surprise me at all that no one shows up.

Kids in America by and large love harsh vox, brutal blasts, and technical fireworks, but much rarer are those who dig old school melodic heavy metal. I had never known about Alehorn of Power until last year and I would love to go. If they had more promotion, even/especially online, I would surely have tried to get there in 2007 or 2008.

Kids in America by and large love harsh vox, brutal blasts, and technical fireworks, but much rarer are those who dig old school melodic heavy metal. I had never known about Alehorn of Power until last year and I would love to go. If they had more promotion, even/especially online, I would surely have tried to get there in 2007 or 2008.

honestly American youth is not the first group that comes to mine. Youth will do what they do. I'm actually thinking of more mid-30 to mid-40 year old guys.