MEAN DEVIATION: Four Decades of Progressive Heavy Metal, by Jeff Wagner

The fact is that their music was YEARS ahead of what anyone else could come up with / think of at the time. Noone had done the full blown orchestrations in a metal setting, thrown in gothic parts and death metal on top of a classic metal meets death metal disc. It just hadn't been heard before, and it was very much "forward-thinking" (= progressive) in it's true sense.
This.

Celtic Frost may be the most underrated band in Metal, when it comes to little people appreciate their span of influence on the genre has been.

By the way, I'm not doubting Jason knows this. I'm speaking in general.

the book rules, that is all anyone needs to know. support the cause and Jeff!!

Totally. :kickass:

I've been skimming it and every once in a while chuckling at yet another familiar name, another familiar photo credit (Ann-Marie most recently), etc.

Question for Glenn regarding the book's epilogue: did you tip Jeff Wagner off in advance about the exclusive Arcturus show at PPUSA, or did he make a really lucky guess? :headbang:

Totally. :kickass:

Question for Glenn regarding the book's epilogue: did you tip Matt Wagner off in advance about the exclusive Arcturus show at PPUSA, or did he make a really lucky guess? :headbang:

Jeff was telling me this story one of the last times I ran into him. Seems that it was just a chance happening that Jeff wrote what he did and that the band did in fact end up on Progpower. Kind of weird but a fun story.