METAL CHURCH Rejoined By Singer MIKE HOWE

Thanks Glenn. Sorry I missed the thread. The spring/summer transition is busy for me. PPUSA has been very good to me. I have been able to see two of my three favorite bands of all-time, namely Accept and Vanden Plas (Tad Morose and Pagan's Mind are high on the list as well.) My third favorite band of all-time is the Howe era Metal Church. "Blessing in Disguise" is an absolute masterpiece. Needless to say, I am excited about this.

Bryant

Weird, save for a few tracks, it's my least fave of the Howe albums. To each his own again, my fave being The Human Factor. :D

All of them are excellent buddy. In fact, I adore the first Wayne era as well, just not quite as much as the Howe era. That band should have achieved more fame than they did. In fact, I think they were more highly respected by their peers than the public. Metallica absolutely demanded that MC open for them at one point and Brainstorm practically covered "Badlands" on the song "Lost Unseen."

Bryant

So will the folks who never had a chance to experience Metal Church with Mike Howe (like myself!).

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

never saw them w/ Howe either, but did see them twice with Wayne (RIP). The first 2 cds are my favorites by them, head & shoulders above anything in the Howe era, but this sure could be interesting, and they will have my attention once they get some new music out. :headbang:

BiD is one of my all time favorites. Human Factor was great too. Hanging in the Balance, hit and miss. But Howe was a great vocalist, hope he is still in top form.

Howe era = Human Factor the best imo...BID a very close 2nd although it has my favorite song of theirs (Badlands), HITB is indeed hit and miss.

Howe also did serious justice to the Wayne era stuff. Here is a live video (without auto-tune) of Howe era MC doing the title track from the debut MC release.

Here is probably the "most popular" Howe era song.

Bryant

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there's a bad song on any of the three Mike Howe Metal Church albums. Hanging in the Balance is my favorite of the three (the cover notwithstanding...), but it's close between all of them. This is the best reunion news I've heard in a LONG time.

Wish they hadn't touched this track. He sounds decent, but no reason to re-record material from a masterpiece because honestly there is no way he can recapture the power of his youth. I will await new material patiently. :)

Wish they hadn't touched this track. He sounds decent, but no reason to re-record material from a masterpiece because honestly there is no way he can recapture the power of his youth. I will await new material patiently. :)

Glad to hear his voice again but I don't like the newly recorded music. There was no need to mess with that. Seriously looking forward to new music!