Metal Disney

OrbWeaver

BECAUSE FALCONER
Jan 15, 2007
Illinois, USA
www.myspace.com
So two guys no one has heard of decided to make a metal cover of the song "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" form The Lion King. To say they did a good job would be an understatement. I'm reminded of Dragonland's cover of The Neverending Story...but not quite as speedy. :)

I certainly hope they plan on doing more! And I'd be lying if I said I didn't think metal covers of Disney tunes would rock. I'm a nerd, I think things like that are awesome. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I am totally on board with you.
We have a couple Disney CDs.
There are MANY Disney songs which could be made into epic metal songs.

Some examples are "Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas, and "I'll Make a Man Out of You" (Err, I think that's what it is called) from Mulan.

As long as nobody does a metal cover of "Under The Sea," I'll check it out.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I am totally on board with you.
We have a couple Disney CDs.
There are MANY Disney songs which could be made into epic metal songs.

Some examples are "Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas, and "I'll Make a Man Out of You" (Err, I think that's what it is called) from Mulan.

That's one of my favorite songs from Mulan. :D

"Poor Unfortunate Souls" from The Little Mermaid would make an excellent song, as would Frolo's number from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I think it's called "Hellfire."

I don't know those......
We just have a couple CDs that have one song from each classic film.

"A Dream Is a Dream" from Cinderella could be a killer melodic power metal ballad.

Sorry, I really REALLY don't mean to come off like a troll guys, but I heard this and I have the same exact feeling as that "metal" version of 'I Kissed A Girl.' This kind of stuff is everything wrong with metal, at least in my opinion. Sorry once again, you can have your thread back. :p

Sorry, I really REALLY don't mean to come off like a troll guys, but I heard this and I have the same exact feeling as that "metal" version of 'I Kissed A Girl.' This kind of stuff is everything wrong with metal, at least in my opinion. Sorry once again, you can have your thread back. :p

LOL I think your attitude is exactly what's wrong with metal nowadays... :lol:

But no offense meant, no offense taken. Different opinions, that's all! =)

This is Hellfire - which I think would be great if this were covered on an Ayreon project (does Arjen even do covers?) It might also make a great Doom Metal tune. I also wouldn't mind Jacobs Dream covering this song. Chaz Bond would do an excellent job, IMO.

And this is Poor Unfortunate Souls - I think a Thrash cover of this would be great. Or a cover done by Freak Kitchen. :D

LOL I think your attitude is exactly what's wrong with metal nowadays... :lol:

ZING!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing, Joan! That was pretty cool. I'm also a big nerd and a sucker for Disney tunes. I own a ton of the soundtracks - most of the ones mentioned in this thread actually.

Some examples are "Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas
I was talking to Nick a few weeks ago about wanting to do a metal cover of that at some point. I've always liked that song.

"A Whole New World" from Aladdin would probably also make a pretty good power metal tune if done right.

Check out his Strange Hobby album.

If you can find it! o_O. I have it as MP3s, I have wrote to Arjen a couple of times asking him to see if he can reissue that album and also "Pools Of Sorrow Waves Of Joy", but it seems he find (specially the last one) too primitive and not interested in doing it.

He also made a cover of Alice Cooper ' Elected' with Tobias Sammet (special single), and a cover of ' Intergalactive Laxative' (Donovan) on the special edition of Star One debut album.

If you can find it! o_O. I have it as MP3s, I have wrote to Arjen a couple of times asking him to see if he can reissue that album and also "Pools Of Sorrow Waves Of Joy", but it seems he find (specially the last one) too primitive and not interested in doing it.

He also made a cover of Alice Cooper ' Elected' with Tobias Sammet (special single), and a cover of ' Intergalactive Laxative' (Donovan) on the special edition of Star One debut album.

I'll have to see if LaserCD can get ahold of a copy in time for ProgPower. Though it's so close to the fest, that might be nigh impossible. Putting in a request, anyway!