Mikael Åkerfeldt, Peter Lindgren Ranked #42 GUITAR WORLDs 100 Greatest Metal Guitaris

i agree w/soundman and the morello deal. just because he doesn't play 5 minute exuberant solos, and play 20 mph, doesn't mean he's not good. his solos are so original, and the way he plays them, with nothing other then effects and a guitar, i think is impressive.

Yeah I like that someone actually noticed them but I think 42 is still a big jip. Fuck black sabbath and Iommi. JUst because they did it first doesn't mean they did it best. In fact, fuck a lot of people on that list.

Caelum Adustum said:
To those of you who think Tom Morello is good. Steve Vai makes more weird noises than him AND he can actually play his axe. Not to mention RATM has the name Rage Against the Machine and was fuckin' signed to Sony for god's sake. (Not that that has anything to do with his playing ability)
so in other words, Tom Morello isn't good because Steve Vai is better? and I'm not even gonna bother to comment on the 2nd half of that statement.

the people who read the magazine and vote for their fave crappy bands guitarists are tone-deaf anyway. Hahaha, Never underestimate how tone deaf these pricks are, satriani-guitar legend(77) compared to student Hammett(2) hahahaha. I dont understand why they call these polls "BEST", why not "MOST POPULAR" Obviously ppl just had to vote for their fave band or they wouldnt be putting the two guitarists out of the same band under one vote.

I see everyone defending everybody BUT Mike and Peter. Sure Petrucci is more impressive at times, but look at all of the absolute crap ahead of them. Korn being the biggest disgrace on that list. Commercialized junk.

OrestesMantra said:
MICHAEL ROMEO/NOT NUMBER 1/DOES NOT COMPUTE/RETRY/FAILED

Yes, Romeo does indeed deserve higher than 91, or whatever he was I'm too lazy to go back and look. Whatever he was, he deserves higher. :mad:

Lists like that are horrible. I think Alexi Laiho is somewhere near the bottom of that list... given ok, he's pretty generic, but cmon. HES BETTER THAN HEAD AND MUNKY FFS!!!

It's a really stupid list...its not really based on the guitarists abilities but apparently how well known the bands they played for were.

Mike and Peter are great songwriters, but I dont think they belong on a Top 100 greatest metal guitarists of all time list... no offense of course, but they hardly push the boundaries with the guitar. Songwriting, yes.

Moonlapse said:
its not really based on the guitarists abilities but apparently how well known the bands they played for were.

Cause Opeth and Death are so much more popular than The Who and Van Halen right? :p

The lists represent the opinion of a bunch of people, it would be impossible to make a comprehensive, objective list of the greatest metal guitarists without laying down some very rigid rules. And still, most people would cry like bitches and be unsatisfied no matter what. How bout just reading the list and being happy that some guitarists you like got on there?