MLB/Baseball 2014-2015

Kara-Shehr

Sep 2, 2010
It only seems fitting that we have a pro baseball thread considering we've had ones for the NHL and the NFL. The playoffs are right around the corner and the Pirates are neck and neck with San Fran in the wild card race. They have a four game series coming up with the Braves and then a 3 gamer with the Reds. Exciting shit.

I know this thread may not appeal to everyone here because baseball is predominantly American but I bet there are some fans on here. So yeah talk about baseball and shit motherfuckers. Cuz it's cool.

I'm pulling for Washington and Oakland this year. Would be cool with any of the AL teams since we're getting a break from the NY/Boston reign of terror. Pittsburgh would be ok too. Worst case for me would be seeing STL or SF win again, or LA buy their way to the championship.

Really looking forward to next year. Even if the Cubs hover around .500, they're going to have so many fun players. Can't wait for Kris Bryant and a full season of Soler and Baez, too.

Dodgers, not Anaheim.

I dunno about the playoffs. It's impossible to predict. Detroit's rotation could be devastating if they put it together. I'd wonder if Anaheim is peaking too soon. It's hard to sustain that level of play for several months, as we saw with Oakland.

I would probably bet on Washington making the WS. The lineup is deep and powerful, and there's more pitching than anyone besides LA. Of course, STL and SF just magically win all the time with average ass players who catch fire, so I wouldn't count them out.

Dodgers all the way. But fuck them and time warner cable for what they did this year. Shit, at least some of us get to watch the last few of these regular season games.

Which LA?

127095609349.jpg

Cmon now ... he didn't say Anaheim.

Another win for the Pirates last night, hopefully they can keep chugging along into that wild card game. Their pitching is stealing games for them right now, the batting needs to wake up. Too many 1 run games.

Dodgers all the way. But fuck them and time warner cable for what they did this year. Shit, at least some of us get to watch the last few of these regular season games.

Of course you're a Dodgers fan. Fuck LA (both teams). I'm a huge Giants fan but I do not think they're good enough to win it again. I want anyone besides LA, STL, or Washington to win. I've jumped on the Royals bandwagon pretty hard and seeing Baltimore do well would be good for the league also.

Hell yeah the Pirates are going into the playoffs strong right now and the division is still up for grabs. Only a few more games left.

The Pirates have a tough road ahead of them but I think they can win the wild card and maybe even beat Washington.

This game has been bonkers. Exciting as playoff hockey for me, and I'm not even a fan of either team. Too bad the broadcast crew on TBS is so lifeless. Wish they had picked actual MLB announcers instead of Ernie Johnson.

Wow. That was an all-timer. I don't think KC's shitty baseball fans quite deserve it, but that was a legendary comeback.