Monster Tour?

I'm glad the 2 good bands are at the very end instead of being spread out. Can show up late as hell.

There are three really good bands. Soilwork, Nevermore and Symphony X. One band I find okay (Blackguard), and one band that I can't stand (Powerglove).

The caliber of the 3 awesome bands makes this one of the best tour packages I've seen in a long time. Just fucking unreal.

Man Soilwork is balls. Haven't put out a decent record in nearly a decade.

Nevermore and Symphony X are at the top of their respective genres and more than make up for the rest of the bands on the bill.

Man Soilwork is balls. Haven't put out a decent record in nearly a decade.

Didn't like their new one? It's probably their best since Natural Born Chaos.

Screw all y'all haters! I love PowerGlove in all their cheesy glory.

Yup! Despite them being very gimmicky, I don't mind them since they pretty much cover every song from my childhood.

Originally, Warrel posted through Twitter (a tweet I guess), that Candlemass were on that as well.

Very strange that NM would be supporting Symphony X.
THough I guess with their inactivity for about 5 years or so has diminished their popularity.

I know NM is playing Chicago soon, and no one is really even talking about it.

Not a bad package, just something that would have appealed to me more about 5 years ago.

These promoters REALLY need to mix things up a bit.

How come no one ever taps into some of the bigger true underground metal bands for these package tours? (IE - Slough Feg, Gates of Slumber, etc, etc?) It would be a nice change from the same old opening bands which have become more of a turn off than anything else.

Look at Into Eternity, who I am guessing is suffering from massive burnout.

I think touring with the bands they've toured with is pretty damn glorious! I mean Jesus, they've toured with Hammerfall.. Sonata..

I think the word you're looking for is money. Until I am dead, I think if it wasn't for the tour support $, and the geek aspect (that draws Dragonforce fans to Powerglove), they would be nobodies.

Now let me go get dressed for my wedding, 'cause I'm already running late. :lol:

God I hope this tour comes to AZ! Interesting that Symphony X is headlining. Although their last album did sell more than Soilwork and Nevermore's did, but Soilwork charted way higher. In reality any of the three could headline. Hopefully all three bands get decent set lengths.

I think the word you're looking for is money. Until I am dead, I think if it wasn't for the tour support $, and the geek aspect (that draws Dragonforce fans to Powerglove), they would be nobodies.

Agreed. It's the whole "Nintendo-metal" aspect. They are a fun band (I saw them at the Sidebar in 2008 or so, which is no bigger than the porch at the Granada/Artmore, and they did a good show) but there is no originality whatsoever to them. And to me, "Nintendo-metal" was never my thing.

Some buddies & I have often joked about how if Helloween did not write "The Game is On", then we probably wouldn't have "Nintendo-metal" the way we do today. :lol: