Symphony X 2011 US tour

SYMPHONY X To Tour North America With NEVERMORE, SOILWORK

I almost shit my pants. I traveled to Houston just to see Soilwork alone this past fall. You can bet your ass I'm going there again this coming spring to see all three of those bands. Damn that's an amazing lineup!

We in NC are slowly going from getting skipped over to being able to hit 2 shows... :Smokin:

Hells yeah Volume 11!! I love all Symphony X albums, one of my favorite bands.
I will definately not be there until after Powerglove. Jeez what is it with these guys showing up everywhere.

I'd pay to see Nevermore or Symphony X by themselves, so I'd definitely do it to see them together. I'll hopefully be at the Worcester date. Though I really could do without Soilwork. Wish we could have had Psychotic Waltz over here too.

Some of these places are pretty small. Like the Scout Bar in Houston. Its a bar with a small stage and equally small floor space. Surprising they could book bigger places with this lineup.

Great, except that I don't give a damn about the other bands, Yes, I'm not a Nevermore fan, neither of Soilwork. But I'll surely like them more than the sucking Powerglove...They sucked opening for Hammerfall last Spring, and they sucked again opening for Firewind 2 days ago...

Now this I might consider........

I like both Symphony X and Nevermore, but not enough to see either at their own shows with crap openers (as each of both band's past US tours have been).

I have no clue what the tour's promoter is thinking in having Soilwork added to this. Are they even remotely relevant, and at a mid-carder too?

I'd have to agree, though I am biased. I don't understand Soilwork being on this bill as it just makes no sense to me, outside of possibly bringing in new crowds to NM and SymX. Musically, there is practically nothing in common. THere isn't a lot in common amongst the top two either, but I can picture the fans being the same for the most part.

I truly despise Soilwork to be perfectly honest. It could be that I was dragged to their last show at the Pearl Room too, which is why this confuses me more because I know when I went last time Soilwork alone (because let's face it Darkane didn't pull in anyone) had a good sized crowd. Isn't Bottom Lounge smaller?

So, I may end up going to this, but it'll probably depend on the price. I've always wanted to see Symphony X, but I just saw Nevermore and like I said, I really don't care for Soilwork.

I saw SymX when they toured with Epica a couple years ago. They played to a crowd of maybe 500 here in Portland OR and blew my socks off. Don't care who else is on the bill I'm going and dragging someone with me. :headbang:

I'm a bit interested in Nevermore too, just discovered them after the announcement of Sanctuary for PPXII.

Blackguard must never go home, I think I'm going to end up seeing them four or five times in the course of a year and a half because they're playing with other people I want to see.

More importantly, does this mean we'll get a follow-up to Paradise Lost before the tour?

I'm willing to bet Mutiny Within asked to be on this tour, but couldn't get the logistics worked out. :p

Fixed. :)

May 19th here...should be a great show. If we can coerce Soilwork to skip playing anything from the last 4-5 years, that'd even better. :)
Not sold on Powerglove, although I did like their cover from "Nightmare Before Christmas," and unlike many, I'm not a Blackguard hater.

There are always exceptions. Btw, I'm not dissing Darkane as they aren't bad, but they aren't very well known.

Simon - well, the funny thing is that there was a time where Darkane was a lot more well known than Soilwork actually (specifically, prior to Natural Born Chaos). Though Darkane definitely got left behind when melodic Swedish DM (IE - the Gothenburg sound) first took off big here in the States.

Yeah, maybe they think Soilwork will bring in a different crowd. Not sure that will be needed with both Symphony X and Nevermore. I think the combo of both is enough to draw in any fence sitters. We'll see. I think this should do well.

I actually love this kind of line up as I tend to get bored to tears seeing three bands in a row in the same genre. I find it very refreshing to see three bands as different as these three are. Huge fan of Nevermore and Soilwork, and usually enjoy my Symphony X shows as well even if I find them a bit dull on cd. Powerglove - No thanks. Blackguard - meh...

Orlando for sure, maybe even Lauderdale on this one.