My review of MANOWAR in MN, 2/9/2014

Perhaps Joey is trying to be funny but I've never found him to be funny. Dee Snider tearing into someone while on stage on the other hand is freaking hilarious.

Not happy about the setlist being short especially given the price tag but it's still Manowar and I'll see them anytime I can.

Completely agree on all counts. I don't think Joey is funny at all. Dee Snider on the other hand is one of the best frontmen out there. His on-stage banter is absolutely hysterical. His OFF-stage banter is just as good. I had the good fortune of eating dinner with him before the TS show I produced in Minnesota in 2006. I've only seen TS live twice, but both times it was incredible.

And yes, despite my disappointment, I will always be first in line to see Manowar wherever they may be.

Flew to Houston to catch Manowar and escape the cold ass weather in Indianapolis. Despite knowing what to expect, they blew me away but maybe that was partly me just being happy to see them live again for the 4th time. This time they did play all of Kings Of Metal minus Pleasure Slave plus Warrior's Prayer and The Crown And The Ring were recordings. They sounded awesome all night and I saw the happiness in Eric's face when the crowd was responding to him on Hail And Kill. Joey did his usual routine including a little venue bashing but during a second speech toward the end of the night he encouraged the fans to support the venue and buy some more beer before leaving. Since they tour the U.S so little, they should really do a U.S. tour where the fans pick the songs and they play at least 2 hours. So many songs don't seem to get played here.

The Houston setlist to the best of my recollection is as follows:

Manowar
Blood Of My Enemies
Sign Of The Hammer
Lord of Steel
Dawn Of Battle
Warriors Prayer
Blood Of The Kings
Kingdom Come
Heart Of Steel
Sting Of The Bumblebee
Hail And Kill