Need Advice: Baltimore/Annapolis/DC familiars help!

jaimek said:
The Harbor has the ESPN Zone (food is overpriced and lackluster), two story Barnes & Noble, Hard Rock Cafe, Flag museum, African American museum, various art museums, the Constitution (ship), ...

Jaime, I think Baltimore has USS Constellation, not Constitution...but thanks for mentioning that, as I was curious if Constellation had ever been restored. I guess she was! :D Restoring an old wooden sail frigate surely wasn't easy, either.

When I was in Baltimore for Worldcon years ago, they were still working on the restoration project and worried about funding.....and when I took the harbor tour (quite inexpensive, BTW) you couldn't see the ship. :(

A few other Baltimore sites to help you on your search for food and fun:

www.godowntownbaltimore.com
www.citypaper.comwww.baltimore.org
www.baltimoremag.com

My recommendations if your work is picking up the tab:
American - Henninger's Tavern (haven't been there, but have heard great things about it)
Seafood - McCormick & Schmick's
Pub Food - Capital City Brewing Company or DuClaw
Italian - Chiapparelli's
Indian - The Ambassador
Mexican - Holy Frijolles

BlackRoseMetalHeart said:
My recommendations if your work is picking up the tab:
American - Henninger's Tavern (haven't been there, but have heard great things about it)
Seafood - McCormick & Schmick's
Pub Food - Capital City Brewing Company or DuClaw
Italian - Chiapparelli's
Indian - The Ambassador
Mexican - Holy Frijolles

Great list! I think I'll definitely be checking out Holy Frijolles.
are either of those pubs also microbrews? So far I've been less than impressed with the beer selection at the places here. (one guy was even baffled when I ordered a "black & blue" ... which is a common thing in the midwest anyway)

enki3600 said:
Great list! I think I'll definitely be checking out Holy Frijolles.
are either of those pubs also microbrews? So far I've been less than impressed with the beer selection at the places here. (one guy was even baffled when I ordered a "black & blue" ... which is a common thing in the midwest anyway)

Both DuClaw and Capital City Brew their own beers. DuClaw has some real interesting names for their brews and even offers a sampler platter with "shots" of several different kinds. - Another great brewery in the area is the Ellicott Mills Brewing Co. in Ellicott City, MD, which also has great food and is only about 20 mins East of Baltimore or 40 min North of Annapolis. All three pubs also serve most local and domestics from what I understand. I'm not much of a beer expert, since I don't drink it (liquor's more my style), but the food and service at all three have been excellent everytime I've been there. They all also have websites, so if no one else knows more about their beer you could always check there. Cheers! :kickass:

@BlackRoseMetalHeart:

Went to DuClaw's last night. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! Loved the theme and decor, and the beer was damned good... just had to walk away with a growler :D

Anyone that ever gets the chance... stop in to the Catonsville Record & Tape Dealers store--FREAKIN AWESOME collection of stuff.

I finally found that elusive Galloglass limited edition!

And Nick and CT are truly cool guys. Hope to meet up with you again sometime.

enki3600 said:
Anyone that ever gets the chance... stop in to the Catonsville Record & Tape Dealers store--FREAKIN AWESOME collection of stuff.

I finally found that elusive Galloglass limited edition!

And Nick and CT are truly cool guys. Hope to meet up with you again sometime.

hey man, Nick here...sorry I didn't get to meet up with you again before you left, we'll have to meet up again at ProgPower, I owe you a beer!

DemonOfTheWoods said:
hey man, Nick here...sorry I didn't get to meet up with you again before you left, we'll have to meet up again at ProgPower, I owe you a beer!

No problem! I didn't realize you had practice with your band. I found it plenty cool to just meet other fest-goers, but I'm in an isolated spot, I'm probably the only fest-goer in about a 300 mile radius :D

That Galloglass album f*cking RULES, but naturally, you knew that. AND IT EVEN COMES WITH A STICKER! (I got home and said "gee, it would be sweet to have a Galloglass sticker to put on my laptop since I'm trying to 'personalize' it" and *BAM* there it was!)

Thanks again, Record & Tape is now ULTRA HIGH on my list of stores that carry shit I need!:headbang: