Nevermore Cancel ProgPower USA VII Appearance

Petethedrummer said:
I don't need any help,

It's a colloquial term, generally used to express digust with the behavior of people. Cheering a festival cancellation is crass. Period.

Petethedrummer said:
and I've done no more whining than simply stating that I'm not a fan of Nevermore. I've seen them twice, and was no where near impressed either time. I enjoy their studio work well enough, but I was bored and unimpressed both times I saw them. Maybe we've been deprived of a great show, but I'm sure Glenn will provide us with something even better.

I hope he does. I've seen Nevermore be very average, but they definitely were on the top of their game the last time I saw them.

Just a question....is it POSSIBLE for Nevermore to pull an Evergrey like they did at PP IV and fly back in for the day, to play the one show, then return to Europe after the gig?

Probably not, just curious about the logistics.

Kenneth R. said:
far too expensive is my bet, and i'm honestly sick of them. seen them 8 times live, and lately it's been the same show every time.

Glenn: best of luck in your search, I'm sure whoever you get will kickass.

DT are notorious for changing setlists...l'm pretty sure you never saw the same show.

Ascension said:
DT are notorious for changing setlists...l'm pretty sure you never saw the same show.
well songwise, no. but as for the performance. it was interesting the first few times, but lately they've gotten boring. anyway...

Blind Guardian.
+1 for Savatage
+1 for Fates Warning
+1 for Within Temptation
+1 for Vanden Plas

Glenn, I'm sorry things did not work out. If it were my guess, the easiest thing would most likely be to bring back Symphony X as they have not played since PPIV i beleive, they live in the U.S., they are a legit headliner, possibly have another disc coming out prior to the show, and I'm sure you have developed a nice relationship with them.

With that said, I would not be dissapointed at all although I would like to see someone new under better circumstances. The only other thing I could think of would be Fates although I think you have given them a chance on numerous occassions and for whatever reason, it never worked out.

Regardless, I'm sure whoever you choose will fit the bill nicely. Good luck. Within Temptation please!!!!!!

I second the Vanden Plas suggestion. Nevermore is not a loss...they're a Neverwas
icon_lol.gif

nightwish58 said:
Glenn, I'm sorry things did not work out. If it were my guess, the easiest thing would most likely be to bring back Symphony X as they have not played since PPIV i beleive, they live in the U.S., they are a legit headliner, possibly have another disc coming out prior to the show, and I'm sure you have developed a nice relationship with them.

This seems like, if it came down to it, my most preferred replacement. But I'm really really dissapointed I won't be seeing Nevermore...so sorry you got thrown this shtty curveball Glenn :(

Heres a thought....

Manilla Road.... American band.... just 3 dudes.... extensive career covering just about every genre of metal (traditional, power, doom, prog, and thrash)....

Very sorry to hear about Nevermore's cancellation, Glenn. I was very much looking forward to them as the second night's headliner. Disappointed as I am, I am entirely certain that you'll find a way to pull the rabbit from the hat as far as a suitable replacement goes.

KaptainKrude said:
Very sorry to hear about Nevermore's cancellation, Glenn. I was very much looking forward to them as the second night's headliner. Disappointed as I am, I am entirely certain that you'll find a way to pull the rabbit from the hat as far as a suitable replacement goes.

Speaking of pulling rabbits from hats, bring on HELLOWEEN!!!!!! That would be sweet!

I was totally psyched to see Nevermore headline for once, and am quite disappointed that they had to cancel. I'd love to see Iced Earth with Barlow for just one more show...probably not very possible, but it would be great. Other than that, most of the bands I really like aren't headline material. Helloween could be cool too, I'm not that much into them, but their new album I really liked.