Nevermore Cancel ProgPower USA VII Appearance

hey if I can vote/suggest

Vanden Plas or Pagan's Mind. Both amazing bands, great catalogue of awesome songs to make set lists..and dynamic stage shows....that and Scott and I really want to see these bands! so I'm selfish

Glenn...I am realy sorry to hear the news on Nevermore. To quote Zilla, it sucks the suck out of suck!

Coldie

General Zod said:
I find it somewhat bizarre, that people would actually come on Glenn's forum and cheer that the festival he worked his ass off for, has suffered a major setback. I appreciate that Nevermore's cancelation means a replacement that some people might prefer. But how about showing just a touch of class, and restraining your joy until the new headliner is announced, and Glenn has put this setback behind him?

Zod

+1

This is not the time to gloat, or be happy. What Glenn needs to do is find a replacement that he will like, everyone will enjoy, and that is worthy of headliner status.

Although it might seem logical (and easiest to coordinate), I do not see any other band in this lineup besides Evergrey that deserves to headline. I hope you don't go that way Glenn.

Unless you can have Evergrey headline both nights!!!!

This will probably piss off as many people as it makes happy, but that is not the point. Glenn works hard enough as it is.

At least this issue did not crop up in June or July, and at least the band was upfront about the timing and pullout.

For the people who would want to see DT headline Saturday night: What if it takes 10-20 times the "normal: headliner fee to get them?

Would you pay an extra 25 or 50 bucks on top of the regular PP fee to see them? I sure as FUCK would!!!

Glenn has the time to change his fee for the concert. DT is not playing anywhere near ATL this year AFAIK. And frankly, I can forgo the purchase of a t-shirt or two in order to see them in a two hour set.

Yeah there are like 15 people who go to PP that would be sick of seeing DT for the 20th time or whatever it is. I have seen DT play 3 times and do not have my fill of them. As would the majority of fans who go to PP I bet.

How about it Glenn? Could you raise the ticket price just this once, just for DT and pass (most of) the money to them for the show?

Or would that piss off all the other bands to no end?

Shitty. I was looking forward to seeing them for the first time, but as people said, I have faith in Glenn.

On the bright side, this happened before tickets went on sale. I know there were quite a few people coming just for Nevermore, and they would've put up a massive fuss.

Damn. My votes for the next effort:

Symphony X, Threshold, Grave Digger, Ayreon Lite, Bruce Dickinson, Enchant, Kings X, Dio-Rainbow, Rhapsody, or an Ion Vein / Twelfth Gate / Division / Pharaoh supergroup :)

I also suggest not making any announcements and just keeping it a surprise until the weekend of the festival. That would be fun! We could all play "guess the mystery headliner" for months!

Ken

metalprof said:
I also suggest not making any announcements and just keeping it a surprise until the weekend of the festival. That would be fun! We could all play "guess the mystery headliner" for months!

Ken

That would be so stupid for Glenn, but really neat at the same time, not knowing who it'll be until they walk on stage...

Coldfire Mouse said:
hey if I can vote/suggest

Vanden Plas or Pagan's Mind. Both amazing bands, great catalogue of awesome songs to make set lists..and dynamic stage shows....that and Scott and I really want to see these bands! so I'm selfish
Coldie

I can never understand how anyone in their right mind could think that Pagans Mind is a headliner caliber band. I mean yeah, they played PP, put on a good show, etc..., but 2 or 3 albums and a good show does not elevate you to headliner status at PP or at any festival for that matter.

Now Vanden Plas, on the other hand could make sense. They have established themselves with approx 1/2 dozen albums, consistently put out strong material, and have a brand new album coming out in a month or so. Even they are pushing it solely based on "name recognition." Don't get me wrong, I think they deserve it and would be ecstatic if it happened, but they wouldn't garner the drawing power that I would assume Glennwould look for in a headliner. As for Pagans Mind, they flat out don't even deserve to be considered at this point. This comment is in no way meant to be disrespectful towards them; it is simply reality.

Could always do some lineup adjustments and bump Circus Maximus into the roster.

Wow. In any case though, even if this spot was left blank, I'm still there man. Sorry for the set back!

Everything works out in the end!

(maybe we should start a different thread for "headline suggestions" and keep it organized)

Azrael LenGraden said:
No disrespect to Nevermore, I would just like to see someone else that normally doesnt tour the States!

Doesn't normally tour the states? Nevermore's last real tour was with Opeth this past October. Before that, they got 25 minutes with Dave Crapstaine. before that, was in 2003

all of Nevermore's european tours have included shows that were up to 2 1/2 hours. Nevermore will NEVER do that here. This was the only chance we'd ever have to see something like that.

DAMN, and i was getting so into NEVERMORE. But on a serious note people, we need to get in there and support Glenn, and just be thankful this man has the nerve to go out there and put this festival on for us. I am sure he will come through with a new headliner that will kick everyone's ass. Some of my suggestions would be:

TAROT if MARCO can break away for a few days

LANFEAR- They would be Awesome

PRETTY MAIDS this would be a crowd favorite

PAGAN'S MIND, KAMELOT, SYMPHONY X enough said

Here's my suggestions:

Demons & Wizards (I know I know, but I'd love to see them live)

DRAGONFORCE!!!!!

Primal Fear

Rage!!!!

Dream Evil

Metalium

or you could bump up everyone on the 2nd day's bill and put Outworld as an opening slot.

sorry all.. I posted a while ago that everytime I've ried to see Warrell live from Sanctuary on something prevents me, but someone jinxed it by stating that I was doomed after that, so I cant take all the blame.

No words can express how saddened I am -AGAIN- that I can't see this band perform.

Good luck to Glenn on getting someone else, hopefully they'll kick as much ass as Nevermore to make it worth while.

To those cheering about this.. piss off! :Spin: