Nevermore Cancel ProgPower USA VII Appearance

Dragonforce would be great, but not sure if they are "headliner" material....

DREAM EVIL on the other hand..

Fates Warning also a choice of mine.

CRIMSON GLORY.....yeah right...I wish!!!!!

Sorry to hear the bad luck, but I am sure you will come through..Glenn...you never cease to amaze..

80's AL

This blows chunks of ass. I can't believe that Nevermore had the fucking nerve to cancel. This will be the last chance for them to be a headliner at a show of this caliber in the States.

They are big enough that they coulda made it a point to come back for this show. Sounds to me as though Nevermore are lazy. How many shows are announced over there?... like six or so. Fuckers.

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you.

Fuckers.

Disturbed are playing locally here in a few days... Maybe I should go so I can call them Fuckers to their faces.

Numb is a good word for how I feel about this.

This is a really hard spot to fill Glenn.

*sigh* :erk: ... I was so stoked about this festival, knowing that one of my favorite bands of all time would be headlining Saturday.

But here's wishing Glenn the best at finding a suitable replacement. :kickass: I have faith in you man.

WHOOOOOOO!!!

Dr.Caligari said:
Glenn is man enough to announce that B4 tickets go on sale. Many promoters would not do that.

That's not being a man...that's just being ethical, which Glenn certainly is!! And that's a huge reason why his fest is so successful!!!

Hey Glenn, sorry to hear about the bad news!! I'm shocked!!

DarkTide said:
I absolutely do NOT want to see Helloween. Helloween is beyond irrelevant these days.

Unless it was a magical reunion, I wholeheartedly agree about not wanting to see them. Personal tastes aside though, Helloween is still a headline caliber power metal band and would sell tickets for sure, reunion or not.

Dark One said:
Is there positively no chance that Iced Earth could play a one-off headlining show this year? Studio/health issues aside, I'm sure that Jon does not want to see the premier U.S. metal going today in trouble.

Jason

ICED EARTH would be great. Only without Tim Owens. I would love to see them with Matt again. That would rule.

Dr.Caligari said:
ICED EARTH would be great. Only without Tim Owens. I would love to see them with Matt again. That would rule.

I'd love that as well, but it simply will not happen. Aside from loving Matt though, I absolutely do not see the problem with Tim Owens, he's a fantastic singer.

Jason

Sonata Arctica is the best replacement. They are long overdue to play PP, and from what I saw, experienced pretty decent success with the North American tour. I think they would please most people, and at least not piss many off.

Harvester said:
Have at it.....

I'm too numb to figure it out on my own at the moment.

Glenn H.

Wow, my god Glenn, I can't imagine how you feel right now. Serisouly, I'm sorry about the set-back. You've heard it from a million people already, but it's still genuine. I may deal on a much smaller level, but from one promoter to another, "this shit sucks!"

I like the suggestion I saw for an Iced Earth show with Matthew Barlow - that would be incredible, but couldn't be done tactfully. "Mr Owens, go ahead and stay home. My fans don't want to hear you." :zombie: I don't think so..

Gammaray? Sure they're "on tour" but the shows are few and far apart. The 8+ hour drive to the closest show is enough to make plenty of people unable to see the tour.

I'll also cast a vote for Symphony X and Helloween ;)

Harvester said:
There will not be a "bump" in the lineup or anyone brought over from the pre-party to fill a hole. I will book a headline caliber band.

This year has been the hardest year of the festival by far and the Nevermore issue only makes it worse.

Glenn H.
I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having, but I have faith in you, that you will book a great/even better band to take Nevermore's place!

With that said, I think that Redemption would be a clear choice! The Fullness of Time just kicks ass beyond belief! Also Symphony X, Conception or Kamelot would be just as awesome, and headliner caliber, too!

Glenn;

I am very sorry about the recent setback of Nevermore not being at PPVII. However, I cannot believe that this act would basically slap you in the face after you gave them the closing spot for the festival. Maybe I am being too "old school" with this. But, if you give your word, you do your damndest to keep it. It is one thing to have an emergency incident (like a bandmember being seriously hurt/killed) as the reason for a pullout. but, to reschedule a tour on the day you are headlining a different festival goes beyond the pale. It is just, really.... i dunno. "Shakes head".

That said, maybe you should now get on the phone and give an act that would be eternally grateful to you for the chance to play at PPVII. Oops. I almost forgot....I have an appointment for my TAROT reading. So, I need to hop on the train, as I may be THE RIDER OF THE LAST DAY.Afterwards, I will go to the bar to shoot some pinball. It is on the pinball machine where I RULE. Afterwards, one must go to the gym. Why? well, DO YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER? ANyway, gotta run.

Peace,
Ray C.

Ok, since people are putting their dream lists up for the replacement I'll do the same:

Porcupine Tree
Opeth (they are prolly too big for PP at this point though)
Kings X
Engine
Transatlantic or OSI (or any other form of a Dream Theater side project)

Unca Kev said:
With that said, I think that Redemption would be a clear choice! The Fullness of Time just kicks ass beyond belief!

While I agree that Redemption would be a good choice for the festival, I do not agree that they should be given headlining status simply due to the fact that they only have 2 albums out (sorry Nick).... Granted, a 3rd is in the works but unless it is released before ProgPower and sells like crack in a downtown ghetto area, I cant see them as being a headliner....

I definately would love to see Redemption at ProgPower again however.... They put on a good show @ PP4!!!! :worship: