PP USA VII: Headliners confirmed

am_ash2 said:
But who's going to help me judge the best ass in leather pants contest???/ :cry:

Ooo! Ooo! Me, me! *waves hand in the air frantically*

Back to the fanboy thing, I have to wonder if people who aren't head-over-heels for ProgPower would really hang out here. So naturally the opinions will be unbalanced. Would you frequent the bulletin board of a sports team you hated and then wonder why no one agrees with your opinion that other teams are better?

i love evergrey. They are probably my favorite band out there I'm a little disapointed about Nevermore though due to their performance at Gigantour. But I am gonna go in with an open mind and do my best to enjoy them.

Anyone think Evergrey will play when the Walls Go Down?

Wheezer said:
They did about half a dozen headline shows in November on their way back to Seattle. One stop was in Denver. And my ass is still trying to recover from the kicking it got that night.

There was mention of a tour this Spring too.

Yeah, on and off shows are not really counting...

So Glenn... are you still planning to kill the poor kitty if we don't buy our tickets? :tickled:

I really love this year's lineup! My favorite by far since PP3! I also love dark, down-tuned metal like EVERGREY and NEVERMORE. To use a Star Wars term, for lack of a better one, these two bands are the "Sith" compared to last year's "Jedi" headliners. I'm sure Star Wars fans will catch my drift here.

Emerald Sword said:
To use a Star Wars term, for lack of a better one, these two bands are the "Sith" compared to last year's "Jedi" headliners. I'm sure Star Wars fans will catch my drift here.

I'm not a Star Wars fan but that...that is a great analogy :D

Emerald Sword said:
I really love this year's lineup! My favorite by far since PP3! I also love dark, down-tuned metal like EVERGREY and NEVERMORE. To use a Star Wars term, for lack of a better one, these two bands are the "Sith" compared to last year's "Jedi" headliners. I'm sure Star Wars fans will catch my drift here.

The sith wins in this one though:headbang:

I can't say that I hate this year's lineup, but it's certainly my least favorite since the start of this fest. I was really hoping for different headliners. I figured Glenn was jonesing for Evergrey, and though I don't care for them, it's cool that they're doing something special for their fans. I absolutely can't stand Nevermore, though. Isn't one dark metal headliner enough? Glenn, I know that it's getting harder to book headlining bands, but haven't you forgotten about one particular band that could sell this show out just as easily as Nevermore? A band who, mind you, has only performed about two shows in this country since its inception? A band who everybody on this forum and their mother has been begging to see? That band is Primal Fear. I know that this year's show will still be fun, and I shit my pants when Freak Kitchen was announced, but I was really hoping to like at least one of the top four bands on the roster. I just don't feel right knowing that I'll be leaving the venue after the third band each night. Here's to hoping that the lineup for the kick-off party makes up for it.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Here's to hoping that maybe, just maybe, one of the Final Four will have a truly kick-ass, legend-forming performance, so that afterward, we can all say "Seee? Told ya so!" :tickled:

I'm local to Atlanta and -- in theory -- I could attend PPUSA for merely the price of a ticket or a Gold Badge, plus parking...and I wouldn't dream of leaving the venue before the last note is sounded. I might not be in the theater itself, depending on the band, but by god I'm hanging out. If, like most people attending this fest, I had to pay substantial airfare, hotel costs, etc., leaving early is the last thing I'd do. I tend to be one of the last of the group of people milling around in front of the building to leave, even after everyone's been kicked out of the venue. :D

'Course, I don't get off anywhere near as easy as ticket+parking. o_O

Glenn,

The announcement that Evergrey is one of the headliners is tumbling in my head for quite a few days and i was a bit confused, if i remember correct they sort of had the opportunity to headline the previous time they played but they didn't want to play as last band of the day.

How did you managed to get them to finish the schedule ?

On a serious note, I have had the "Evergrey" rule in place since PP IV. No headliner can perform in the 4th slot (unless special circumstances). I don't want a repeat of BG/PoS or EG/Rage fiascos.

Glenn H.

To answer your questions, 1) Warrell Dane's vocals in particular are grating to my ears, and I'm not too keen on their lyrical topics. That's not to say that I'm all about a band like Stryper, but I'm not fond of lyrical content that focuses on negativity. I'm a vocalist myself (to hear my style, check out www.myspace.com/vulturechicago), and I prefer to hear and sing clear, melodic vocals with either positive or thought-provoking lyrics. 2) I walked out on Mercenary last time, and I'll do it again. I have the same beef with them as I do with Nevermore, and to make matters worse, they have elements of bounce metal. I don't get down with the bounce.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Bounce Metal?!?! Kinda like balls???

Yup, Nevermore Have Balls!!!

Basically you said that their music has balls!

Nevermore has some of the most thought provoking lyrics in music. It isn't negative and isn't downing.

Warrels voice is great. Nevermore is great. Loomis and Williams are great. End of story.