PP USA VII: Headliners confirmed

Evergrey... I expected and I am 100% happy about them headlining, love 'em! But NEVERMORE? Holy Eddie Glenn! I never expected them... this is such a treat! I've seen them twice last year and can't wait to see them doing a long set :hotjump:

I am definately pleasantly surprised :D

metamorphosis said:
Wow, surprise. The sycophants jump down my throat for having an opinion other than one of devotion to the promoter. And he manages to insult me right away too!! Very professional and respectful of the fans! I guess it's like being the cable company...you're the only game in town so you can shit on the customers all you want.

I totally agree with you on this. Some people cant get over the fanboy-isms and see things for what they are..

I have never seen what is so great about Evergrey either, but a lot of people here like them so majority rules..even though I dont think Nevermore is "too heavy" for PP AND I am a big fan of them, i just dont see them as "headliner" caliber just jet. They need to pump out something in the lines of Dead Heart or better to really jump to that headliner status(i.e. Strato, Therion, Angra, Gamma, BG, etc.)..but then that's my opinion..and they are like assholes...well you know the rest..

Though like Glenn said, the best way to express your dissatisfaction is by not buying a ticket. just like I will do.

Excellent Job Glenn!

Making serious plans to be there again this year, funny to see Nevermore on the bill. Back in 2001 it was one of the bands that made me make the trip to Chicago, a bummer they cancelled the gig and played the exact same time in Holland when i was flying over to Chicago. Been able to see them in the mean time already but great to see they finally will play at PP.

Henk
(who's even more excited about seeing a part of Evergrey's DVD gig again!!)

Pabla said:
Evergrey... I expected and I am 100% happy about them headlining, love 'em! But NEVERMORE? Holy Eddie Glenn! I never expected them... this is such a treat! I've seen them twice last year and can't wait to see them doing a long set :hotjump:

I am definately pleasantly surprised :D

Hey Roomie! Any chance you'll fly in with me on Wed? :hotjump:

Ascension said:
That shouldn't happen with a competent & talented band that deserves a headlining spot.
As I said, and I believe rightly so, there is NO band that isn't going to lose a portion of the audience. It's been two days, people are tired, they don't stick around. While I was standing in the hallway chatting (during Stratovarius' PPVI set), I watched a ton of people walk out.

By the way, just out of curiosity, which band deserves this spot that is more talented than Nevermore? I'm interested to hear your long list of deserving headliners with a better guitar/drummer combo than Loomis/Williams.

Ascension said:
Nevermore on the other hand...Saturday will result in a mass exodus fairly comparable to what happened at Rage's set.
I don't know if you were on this forum when rage was announced. When the official announcement came down, there were maybe a dozen or so excited people and the rest of us were looking around thinking, "Rage?" Compare that to the sheer volume of posts in this thread, where people are expressing their excitement because Nevermore is headlining. Then, go into the Nevermore forum, and see the number of people who have commented and in essence said, "It looks like I'm going to my first ProgPower."

Ascension said:
But, a band with enough talent & energy should hold their own no matter what the circumstances.
If talent and energy were what drew fans, Nevermore be playing arenas, with roughly the seating capacity of Australia.

Zod

AngraRULES said:
I have to say you're pretty wrong man, Made in New Jersey pointed out something pretty correct. (although to me gamma ray was just a vice-headliner to Angra hehehe)

I guess you guys are right, when I think of popularity of a band I commonly thinkn in the US only.

corvinus said:
I totally agree with you on this. Some people cant get over the fanboy-isms and see things for what they are..

Call everyone fanboys all you want; that's purely subjective and your prerogative. however, I fail to see how Glenn is "shitting on" his customers. What about the lineup this year is shitting on anyone?

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that even bands who "tour" the US often don't hit anywhere near Atlanta or lots of other places, and Nevermore doing a couple of warming up spots (on Gigantour and w/ Opeth) to me hardly disqualifies them as headliners. 'Course, if others are kissing Glenn's ass, I guess I'm giving him a rimjob, 'cuz I'm completely stoked about the headliners this year.

Glenn, I hope it's as good for you as it is for me. :loco:

Shaye

WOW
I am so so so so so pumped Nevermore is headlining . I fucking love Nevermore. This might be the best of them all. Wow I am bouncing off the walls right now.

To be fair, I am excited about Pyramaze, Thunderston, Savage Circus, Freak Kitchen & Epica. And I really do LOVE Nevermore and I will have a great time watching them...it's just that I've seen them 5 times already...they're not hard to see in this country. There are a LOT of huge euro bands that ARE hard to see though and this year's headliners are just a waste of a huge oppurtunity. But I guess there's always next year. Meh.

Anyway, thank you longshot, Venom and others for the positive feedback. It's people like you that really make this sort of thing fun. \m/

this will be my 3rd PP in a row and this is the best lineup he has put together. There are 7 bands that I am looking forward to seeing right off the bat. I was holding out hope for Nevermore, I always felt they would be perfect for ProgPower and I hope they do play for 3 hours like Glenn said in his press release.

Nevermore tours yes but they seem to miss Arizona AND this is the way I imagine that they should be playing in the US with huge long sets. I see their Euro set list and I am like- why can't I be so lucky?
:erk:

I love evergrey but there is alittle part of me that wishes I would have seen this type of performance before having the dvd to enjoy at home.

When was the last time Nevermore did a headlining show in the US? AFAIK, they only did an opener tour for Enemies (with Dimmu, Bodom and Hypocrisy). And so far, just Gigantour and the Opeth tour for TGE.

BTW, that should show the appeal of Nevermore. How awesome is it that these guys can go on tour with death and black metal bands and then headline a progressive/powermetal festival and still have fans excstatic to see them in both settings? I can't think of many bands that are this well received amongst so many different metal crowds.

Nevermore! Woo Fucking Hoo. Fanboy and I don't fucking care!

Look at the bands we have seen due to Glenn inviting them to PP. Not kissing ass but just stating the fact that he understands all of us... probably better that we do! Nevermore has a history that is richer than any of the "euro" bands that supposedly should be headlining. There is truthfully only one other band that woulda been "larger, better, longer, thicker... um, whatever" than Nevermore and that woulda been Helloween. Sorry all, but they were the Pioneers of most of this music... I know another fucking arguement... Not the point so let it go.

All of these so called great "Euro Bands" basically sound like someone else or someone before them... I Love them all, don't get me wrong... but I still am looking for "Helloween". Granted, Masterplan (just picking names) would been cool. Pretty Maids woulda been huge (to me and about 150 others). Fuck, pick a name... there are tons, I know. All tremendous bands...

Here is my question back to the naysayers... Who does Nevermore sound like... What or where or how did they come up with the Nevermore sound???

Somebody tell me then we can talk about who would be a better Headliner for this show.

Nevermore have always sounded like Nevermore (yeah, and Sanctuary). I can't think of too many bands (that would be a fit for ProgPower) that can claim that.

Nevermore will annihilate Earth Link!

Oh yeah, Evergrey should be ProgPowerUSA's House Band. How can you not like Evergrey?

Yngvai X said:
The only other headliner I've seen that is as good as NM live is Rage, and they better not be walked out on like Rage was!

Rage has been the only band I was sorry I walked out on.. but it was my first Prog Power and I was leaving that night for a 14 hour drive home and I had gotten around 5 hours of sleep over 3 days. I would love to see them come back and play another set. I <3 rage.

There will be MOSHING!! You can't stop it! Those two door goons will not touch me. I working out, pumping roids in my ass and will be a hulk by the time PP gets here. LOL!!!!