ProgPower USA VII: Next Two Bands Confirmed

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 16, 2006

SAVAGE CIRCUS AND EPICA ADDED TO PROGPOWER USA VII LINEUP
ATLANTA - German/Swedish power metal band Savage Circus, featuring former Blind Guardian drummer Thomen Stauch and Iron Savior vocalist/guitarist Piet Sielck, and Dutch symphonic metal band Epica have been confirmed to make their debut U.S. appearances at ProgPower USA VII on September 15 and 16 Earthlink Live in Atlanta.

"We are glad to be playing Savage Circus' U.S. premier show at ProgPower USA VII," said Stauch. "I'm happy to have the opportunity to play there once more, after having played there already with my former band Blind Guardian in 2002. I'm sure everyone will enjoy all the fantastic bands playing there."
Savage Circus recently signed with Century Media Records for the U.S. release of its "Dreamland Manor."

"We look very much forward to our very first U.S. gig," said Epica guitarist Mark Jansen. "I've heard great stories about ProgPower USA and all the bands that have played there are very enthusiastic about it." The symphonic metal band features the female vocals of Simone Simons.

Pyramaze (featuring Lance King, former vocalist for Balance of Power) and the first U.S. performance by Sensory recording artist Wastefall - playing a brand of prog metal described as Pain of Salvation meets Faith No More - have already been confirmed. Six more bands will be announced over the next two months.

"I had to work a bit harder this year in putting together a lineup that meets both the fans' expectations and my own," said promoter Glenn Harveston. "A standard has been established and I believe I have reached that again."

Tickets will go on sale Saturday, April 1 at 10 a.m. EST via all Ticketmaster outlets. Only 900 tickets will be made available to the public. Advance Gold Badges, which presently have a two-year wait list, are sold out.

ProgPower USA has sold out more than four months in advance for the past four years. Last year's festival sold out in a record four days.
ProgPower USA VII is sponsored by Pacific Drums, Sabian Cymbals, Shure Microphones, Evans Drumheads, D'Addario Strings, and Planet Wave Cables. Interested sponsors may contact ProgPower via
www.progpowerusa.com.

Information is available on the website for parties interested in participating in the CD Showcase sampler or advertising in the official program.
www.progpowerusa.com
###

Mazur Public Relations, Inc.
P.O. Box 2425
Trenton, N.J. 08607 USA
Tel: (609) 890-4550
Fax: (609) 890-4556
www.mazurpr.com

Well done Sir. I dig Savage Circus, and they they're an excellent fit. Epica is a band I need to spend, and learn a bit about.

Zod

Edit: By the way, Pyramaze and Savage Circus is an amazing 1-2 punch to kick off this festival.

Excellent! I can't say that I'm surprised about Savage Circus; I had a feeling that they would get a well-deserved nod!

Epica, however, did catch me by surprise for some reason. They're one of my favorite B&B bands and they TOTALLY deserve a slot.

I'm ridiculously psyched.

NP: Ozzy Osbourne "Diary of a Madman"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks GLENN =)

Damn, I don't know these two bands... Well I bet I'll end up liking them. Haven't seen a band yet at PP that I haven't enjoyed to some degree! (except Conception *groans*)

Savage Circus was a band that I totally expected... I am really looking forward to seeing them...

Regarding Epica... Fuck yeah!!! Can't wait!

I think so long as the savage circus group puts some heart into the live performance, (I don't see why not)... its going to blow us away =D

And holy crap, Epica! I just started getting into them! This is perfect... plus Simone Simons = omg hottie

Okay, this is going to be an awesome show, OH MY GOD EPICA, and SAVAGE CIRCUS, to go along with PYRAMAZE, and WASTEFALL. Now Glenn what will you do for an encore to these 4.

OMG JESUS CHRIST, MOTHER IN THE HEAVENS........................ THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL BE RIGHT IN THE FRONT FOR EPICA, I'M SO EXCITED I CAN'T EVEN TALK!!!!

I FEEL SOOO HAPPY
I BUY MY TIX FIRST DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I picked up Savage Circus' cd at last years PP after hearing it compared to Imaginations From the Other Side from Blind Guardian. Seeing as that's my favorite BG disc, I couldn't pass it up.
I really dig the cd, and it DOES sound JUST like Blind Guardian/Imaginations era songs. Even the vocals are very similar to Hansi at times. I'm totally looking forward to seeing this stuff live.
Though I haven't heard Epica yet, I've heard a LOT about them. I'll be placing an order for at least a disc or two from them shortly. Any recommendations?

Changeofamemory said:
I picked up Savage Circus' cd at last years PP after hearing it compared to Imaginations From the Other Side from Blind Guardian. Seeing as that's my favorite BG disc, I couldn't pass it up.
I really dig the cd, and it DOES sound JUST like Blind Guardian/Imaginations era songs. Even the vocals are very similar to Hansi at times. I'm totally looking forward to seeing this stuff live.
Though I haven't heard Epica yet, I've heard a LOT about them. I'll be placing an order for at least a disc or two from them shortly. Any recommendations?
Best way to get into Epica is to watch the dvd, We Will Take You With Us. Awesome studio video. For cd's, The Phantom Agony is my favorite and I'm just getting into Consign to Oblivion. Haven't heard as much yet from The Score.

Allright I'd like to initiate the official Prog Power Neck Brace Clan after Savage Circus performs. Everyone who joins will have a neck brace ready for them after their performance. We can collect autographs on them, trade email addresses, and adorn them with PPVII bumper stickers.

I'm SOOOO gonna be hurting after their set...

ConanMetal.gif