ProgPower USA VII: Next Two Bands Confirmed

Oh, hell yes, Epica!

Glenn, congrats on tearing them away from their Evil DarkMess Tour obligations. I'm sure it was....err....difficult. :tickled:

Epica were on my list of potential bands to sponsor, too. Apparently I'm being 'saved' for Something Special. We hope. :D

Epica is totally not my thing. No surprise there. And it's a shame, too... I'd love to go up to the Simone chick and tell her how much I LOVE her... uh, music. :)

I can't help it... I loves my redheads. ;)

Savage Circus, on the other hand... Persuader and Thomen Stauch together totally own the balls that Blind Guardian used to possess. Plus I've been wanting to see Piet Sielck come over with Iron Savior, but this is just as good.

Off to a good start, although I think Epica are a bore but may be better live so I will check em out. Savage is going to kill, that debut cd is the Blind Guardian that never came out. Hope Thunderstone, Masterplan, Iron Savior, maybe Pagans as a returner or Gamma Ray would be nice. Still want Running Wild to headline.

Hey, is anyone else suprised that Savage Circus is the second slot and Pyramaze is the opening slot? I would have switched them myself. Pyramaze has more releases than Savage Circus and it seems to me that they're more well known too. Can anyone explain that to me?

Pellaz said:
Oh, hell yes, Epica!

Glenn, congrats on tearing them away from their Evil DarkMess Tour obligations. I'm sure it was....err....difficult. :tickled:

Epica were on my list of potential bands to sponsor, too. Apparently I'm being 'saved' for Something Special. We hope. :D

*chants* DEVIN DEVIN DEVIN DEVIN DEVIN DEVIN DEVIN DEVIN DEVIN!!!

The_Kinslayer said:
Hey, is anyone else suprised that Savage Circus is the second slot and Pyramaze is the opening slot? I would have switched them myself. Pyramaze has more releases than Savage Circus and it seems to me that they're more well known too. Can anyone explain that to me?

SC is bigger than Pyramaze just due to the fact alone that Thomen is the drummer, not only that you have Piet from Iron Savior and Jens and Emil from Persuader. All those bands are bigger than Pyramaze, it's just on this board that you would get the impression that Pyramaze is the biggest band in the fucking world...no offense to Pyramaze. As far as slot setting goes I'm suprised at Epica getting the 75 minute slot, I was assuming they would get a 60 minute slot.

dargormudshark said:
SC is bigger than Pyramaze just due to the fact alone that Thomen is the drummer, not only that you have Piet from Iron Savior and Jens and Emil from Persuader. All those bands are bigger than Pyramaze, it's just on this board that you would get the impression that Pyramaze is the biggest band in the fucking world...no offense to Pyramaze. As far as slot setting goes I'm suprised at Epica getting the 75 minute slot, I was assuming they would get a 60 minute slot.

Ok, I figured this was the case. I guess star power goes a long way. Still, Savage Circus hardly have enough material to play for 60 minutes. I would still switch them, but it's not my decision (luckily).

Glenn, THANKS for getting EPICA! What I heard beforehand, I really liked! I'll be checking out more of their CDs too, in the near future! Damn Simmone Simmons is such a beautiful singer, not to mention HOTT! Now if After Forever could just get on the bill too! :D

Savage Circus I haven't listened to at all yet, but I definitely will them out. I like what I've heard so far of other people's descriptions.

As someone else said, starting the fest with SC would be probably the most crowd-riling-up slot ever, and I know Glenn likes to kick off each year with a bang. However, both Pyramaze (from what I've heard) and SC kick ass, so I'll be very happy. I just hope my gold badgeless ass can get a decent spot for SC to sing along to every word.

As for Epica, I think 75 minutes is about the most they can actually play...most of Consign is solid, and I haven't given Phantom a good listening yet. Someone said to bring Roy for a duet off Black Halo - they also did one on the Epica cd, trois vierges, although they'd obviously be playing Epica material, and Roy barely does anything in it. I gave him my copy of Consign to sign, and he looked really puzzled...I believe my words were "you sang with Simone on it", and he looked at it from a bunch of different angles before signing it. What I'm getting at is that I don't think Roy'll be around :p

I remember last year's SC listening party in Drew's room (I think...). Both the fact that the cd is awesome and Glenn getting them right away are awesome. Ossum possum.

kunphyooshus said:
I'm so hyped about Epica! I think Roy Kahn should show up at Prog Power for the third year in a row, just so he and Simone can do one of thier duets from Black Halo. I'm Probably dreaming, though.

Nate
Okay, i think IMHO after one of Glenn's cryptic clues, that this just may happen, after he said he had to go back on one of his original clues. So i am guessing that KAMELOT maybe one of the Headliners maybe on the same night as EPICA. Just a guess. Or is it a wild ass dream fantasy.:Spin:

Pyramaze51 said:
Okay, i think IMHO after one of Glenn's cryptic clues, that this just may happen, after he said he had to go back on one of his original clues. So i am guessing that KAMELOT maybe one of the Headliners maybe on the same night as EPICA. Just a guess. Or is it a wild ass dream fantasy.:Spin:

Wild ass dream fantasy or not, that would be incredible. Simply Incredible.

The_Kinslayer said:
Wild ass dream fantasy or not, that would be incredible. Simply Incredible.

Lol, I can't even remember what year Kamelot played, I just remember seeing them sometime in the past. I have a feeling back to back Epica and Kamelot might annoy the minority of proggers around here, but I'd certainly enjoy it. I'd like to hear the stuff from BH live. I don't think guest appearances mean that much though. Kamelot has Shagrath on the new cd, and Angra had Hansi, Kai, and Sabine, none of whom I noticed. Although there was a guy at the gym today who looked EXACTLY like the Rock.

for the other bands why not a band like Forgotten Tales from Canada? :)...or maybe Nightmare...those 2 bands are actually great bands!. For the headline...i will guess primal fear and edguy

Pellaz said:

It's funny, as soon as I see the bands announced, I head over the the official page quicky waiting to see if Mary and I are sponsors yet. Hope we make it...

dt

The_Kinslayer said:
Ok, I figured this was the case. I guess star power goes a long way. Still, Savage Circus hardly have enough material to play for 60 minutes. I would still switch them, but it's not my decision (luckily).

Given all the bands, I am sure we'll hear some cover tunes. I'm banking on heariing some old thrashy BG.

Steve in Philly

I am very surprised that Epica got a fourth slot for only having 3 albums I think. I havent really listened to them a whole lot, guess I should do some research. On the Savage Circus note, I had to clean out my pants after reading that!! I love that album, and unless they are playing covers they will play the entire album because it clocks in at 54 minutes.