ProgPower USA VII: Next Two Bands Confirmed

MadeInNewJersey said:
This thread deserves pics of Simone, Epica's lead vocalist, for she is now by FAR the hottest woman to grace the ProgPower stage! :lol:

I can't wait to shoot Simone - over and over and... :Spin:

Most excellent work, again, Glenn. :worship:

nailz said:
Wow, is it that time already? Awesome...

I hope you're bringing someone back.. like mercenary.. or someone new.. like ELVENKING. :D

Oh, and THANK YOU for bringing Savage Circus.. that is going to fucking OWN.

Yes!! Elvenking!! I think it's pretty unlikely since they're probably not more than an opening slot band, but seeing Elvenking would absolutely make my year!

250px-Epica_simone_simons.jpg

Freaking awesome photo!!! Awesome babe. :hotjump:

No problems about getting a sellout again this year!!!

Harvester said:
Correct on the logo, but count the notchces again. SC is indeed 2nd, but Epica goes on 4th on Saturday.

Remember, 2nd slot sets have been increased by 15 mins and 4th slots decreased by 15 mins.

Glenn H.

I don't know if I like Simone getting 15 minutes less on stage than she could have gotten last year. I think you need to make an exception for Epica. ;)

I love what I've heard from Savage Circus, and while I haven't gotten their album yet, anything Piet Sielck touches is power metal gold in my eyes.

It's cool to see Epica on the bill, since Pellaz has spoken very highly of them in the past. And to add my two cents: yep, Simone is hot. Red hair and corsets are usually a winning combination.

I am much less familiar with Pyramaze and Wastefall, but like what little I have heard. Overall I have a really good feeling about this year's festival.

Harvester said:
Correct on the logo, but count the notchces again. SC is indeed 2nd, but Epica goes on 4th on Saturday.

Remember, 2nd slot sets have been increased by 15 mins and 4th slots decreased by 15 mins.

Glenn H.

Well it could be an odd shaped logo like Stride ;)

Thanks for the info Glenn.

...but this announcement didn't do much for me. Savage Circus sounds good, but it boggles my mind that the drummer for Blind Guardian left to form a band that sounds just like Blind Guardian. Yes, I know it sounds more like what Blind Guardian used to sound like, but if they wanted to keep sounding like that, we might as well not buy anything new by them. As for Epica, I just don't get the whole soprano metal phenomenon. I have hope for the rest of the lineup, even though I'm already 0 for 4 on guessing it thus far.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Holy moley I guess it takes all kinds... even the minority :loco:

Met-Al said:
...but this announcement didn't do much for me. Savage Circus sounds good, but it boggles my mind that the drummer for Blind Guardian left to form a band that sounds just like Blind Guardian. Yes, I know it sounds more like what Blind Guardian used to sound like, but if they wanted to keep sounding like that, we might as well not buy anything new by them. As for Epica, I just don't get the whole soprano metal phenomenon. I have hope for the rest of the lineup, even though I'm already 0 for 4 on guessing it thus far.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

I just heard those Savage Circus mp3s that Glenn posted. They kick fucking ass! I'm going to get Dreamland Manor from CDINZANE and I look forward to seeing them @ PPVII!

OMG!! I told my wife we were going if 9 bands sucked and the 10th one was Epica. Well, Pyramaze is cool, Wastefall is one of the Glenn sleeper bands, and Epica gives me wood like Tarja and Nightwish did last time around, and not just because Somone is beautiful.Because Epica is the "new Nightwish". They deserve to conquer the USA like Nightwish failed to do. Damn am I excited now!

If I were to place the Savage Circus album into a sequential sounds-like line, it would have to be a tangent from BG, definitely before aNatO. I think the SC band brings in more than enough new "music" to remove it from the BG line as being just another "BG album". I guess what I'm saying is that if one likes BG, it is most likely that you will like SC's music, but they are different enough to not exclude one just because the other has been heard.

The Fiddler said:
Mercenary are from Denmark, although I don't know if that makes them Dutch. My geography isn't all that great.

Well, before reaching the border of Denmark we have to cross a large part of Germany. So.....Danes aren't Dutch...i would consider them more German in a geographical way ;)

www.map24.nl

:heh:

Looking forward to your shots of Simone tho.
(i wonder what it takes to get Glenn allowing me and my camera in the photopit)

TwizstedJesus said:
OMG!! I told my wife we were going if 9 bands sucked and the 10th one was Epica. Well, Pyramaze is cool, Wastefall is one of the Glenn sleeper bands, and Epica gives me wood like Tarja and Nightwish did last time around, and not just because Somone is beautiful.Because Epica is the "new Nightwish". They deserve to conquer the USA like Nightwish failed to do. Damn am I excited now!

The 'New Nightwish' that's total BS nobody will be as good as Nightwish if anybody is to become the top of the goth metal Totem Pole it will be WT or LC.

As for the bands so far Pyrmaze and Savage Circus are alright but not worth the ticket price. As for Wastefall and Epica not so much. I don't like Epica at all. I love Symphonic/Goth metal w/ a chick singer, but i can't stand the male death vocals they ruin it all.

lee drummond said:
The 'New Nightwish' that's total BS nobody will be as good as Nightwish if anybody is to become the top of the goth metal Totem Pole it will be WT or LC.

As for the bands so far Pyrmaze and Savage Circus are alright but not worth the ticket price. As for Wastefall and Epica not so much. I don't like Epica at all. I love Symphonic/Goth metal w/ a chick singer, but i can't stand the male death vocals they ruin it all.

Sucks for you:wave: Those 4 bands alone justify the ticket price for me, and imo, the death vocals in Epica are incredible and bring life to the songs.

nightwish58 said:
Those 4 bands alone justify the ticket price for me, and imo, the death vocals in Epica are incredible and bring life to the songs.
Agreed. To me the clean vocals are like violins and the growls are like cellos. Used properly they bring depth, drama and passion to the music.