PP USA VII: Headliners confirmed

metamorphosis said:
Yay great. A thousand great bands to choose from and we get Evergrey yet again. Very, very exciting.

Wow, this is so disappointing.

Yea I agree EVergrey isn't bad but I wish there was some more symphonic bands oh well I might go but I might not. I wish there were more female fronted bands, and no Epica is very mediocre.

VenomGA said:
so next year should be more of a PROG festival.:confused:

LOL. I'm already being second guessed for 2007.

Relax the sphincter. Traditional prog will be back such as it was in the past. However, this will not turn into Nearfest.

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
LOL. I'm already being second guessed for 2007.

hehe,let the speculation begin.(I know of at least 1 killer prog band who is starting work on a new CD,and the __________________________ reunion often rumored
I'll get Troll right on with the rumors

Harvester said:
Relax the sphincter. Traditional prog will be back such as it was in the past. However, this will not turn into Nearfest.

Glenn H.
Oh thank god about that
nothing worse than a room filled with prog nerds that get less sex than me with their arms folded discussing mathematics,star treck,Carl Sagan,and physics all nite

Beholder said:
" To be the best, you Have to beat the best...." NATURE BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!"""

Great job once again brother. I gues I better get on the ball now..lol

Shane
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Howbout Hubi Meiel/Lalu,something with Urban Breed(because he'll be there anyways,lol)hell,get DC back to do something as well,his set was fun and he was a trip to hang out with at the Chetah

Harvester said:
Already prepared. The entire security squad (including extra this year) will be placed on the floor once the show starts. That includes the big door guys as well.

Glenn H.

Whoa - Nevermore ain't my thing - but I just might have to hang around to see those two huge guys from the door every year, 'enforce the law' - they look like nothing to mess with!

Burke said:
Whoa - Nevermore ain't my thing - but I just might have to hang around to see those two huge guys from the door every year, 'enforce the law' - they look like nothing to mess with!
Looks like those 2 huge guys at the door won't be goint to the Cheetah early this year either on Sat

Awesome news! Can't wait to see these bands do full sets. Saw Everygrey when touring with Iced Earth & Nevermore on the Gigantour. Both didn't get much playing time. Should be a great fest! :headbang:

Whoah.. NEVERMORE (!) and EG with the choir and strings! Damn, could have never imagined Nevermore to play PP but what a great choice.

Seen EG a couple of times and might see them again next month but only thinking of a gig with the choir totally gives me the chills, the choir better include Carina so they can do For Every Tear That Falls too :) Been a big Nevermore fan for 7 years or so but they never made it to Finland.. this gives me the motivation to begin applying for summer jobs this weekend! (it's _very_ hard to get one here so gotta begin early, anyone knowing any decent summer jobs in the US feel free to send me a PM and I'll get a visa hehe)

Whether I make it there or not, brilliant job Glenn!

I am going to have to agree with you never has a band of this magnitude played PP and they will crush every other band that has ever played PP possibly will ever play PP.

If my reaction this morning was too harsh then I apoligize but it simply reflects my growing disappointment with this festival.

It's supposed to be power metal and prog metal...what do mercenary, nevermore and evergrey have to do with power metal and prog metal??

It's turning into just another typical metal fest, mosh pits and all. There is no shortage of festivals that promote this type of metal, and this was the one that was supposed to promote power metal and progressive metal. Maybe that doesn't bring in enough money, who knows.

In any case, I'm going, but mostly for the company of friends from around the continent, not for what is a shockingly weak lineup.

hero.jpg

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
I am going to have to agree with you never has a band of this magnitude played PP and they will crush every other band that has ever played PP possibly will ever play PP.

I completely disagree.

Yes, Nevermore SHOULD crush, but Blind Guardian & Gamma Ray - both bigger bands (worldwide, if not the U.S.) - have headlined PP, keep in mind.

metamorphosis said:
If my reaction this morning was too harsh then I apoligize but it simply reflects my growing disappointment with this festival.

Don't apologize, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it... just don't expect the masses here to agree with you or not hammer you for it. For a lot of people this is a fucking killer lineup. I'll be the first to admit that I don't LOVE any of the bands playing, I do however like EVERY band with Mercenary, Epica, Evergrey, and Nevermore being a little higher on the "like" scale. This is the first progpower i've been to where I honestly don't see myself missing a single band.

metamorphosis said:
It's supposed to be power metal and prog metal...what do mercenary, nevermore and evergrey have to do with power metal and prog metal??

Mercenary - Progressive Death Metal... and personally the "death" label is a little wrong for these guys... Into Eternity is Prog Death Metal and these guys are no where near as heavy, nor as cookie.

Nevermore - Mostly classified as just plain ol heavy metal from what I can find but I would call them a Progressive Thrash Metal band...

Evergrey - I checked 4 "band info" sites and all of them label Evergrey as Progressive Metal... you're way wrong on this.

Either way, they have just as much to do with this festival as PC69, Therion, Orphaned Land, and Into Eternity did.

metamorphosis said:
It's turning into just another typical metal fest, mosh pits and all. There is no shortage of festivals that promote this type of metal, and this was the one that was supposed to promote power metal and progressive metal. Maybe that doesn't bring in enough money, who knows.

Other than Nevermore being on Gigantour and being one of the odd bands out along with Symphony X and DT compared to the rest of the lineup I fail to see how this is turning into a another "typical" fest, Glenn has all but guaranteed to the best he'll be able to that there'll be no mosh pits happening this year, and i'll be the first to stand in line to trip the fags that do mosh around. And until Evergrey, Mercenary, Epica, etc. are invited on the next *Core Dorks Festival XXVI, they are more than deserving of playing here.

metamorphosis said:
In any case, I'm going, but mostly for the company of friends from around the continent, not for what is a shockingly weak lineup.

And this is why you should go. If you don't like any of the bands playing then you need to seriously broaden your horizons. There's something for everyone. But even saying that, my best friend that has gone with me the past 2 years in a row is not going this year for the same "shockingly weak lineup" that you refer to... he doesn't like any of the bands playing... he doesn't really know any of them well enough though, but can't see spending the money for the trip on bands he's not familiar with. I can't convince him.

Again, your opinion is welcome and respected... as long as you dont' expect everyone to start swinging from your nutsack in agreement, then we all should be just fine :headbang:

I can see metamorphosis's argument - it seems like every single year we see the same thread after all the bands are announced where it seems like every fan has an online orgasm in excitement. Part of me wonders if we'd see the same thread if Glenn chose actual horrible bands. I imagine there would still be the 'ass kissers' who would say "BEST LINEUP EVER!". And don't think this argument is just metamorphosis's opinion - I've seen it issued on other forums as well. *The fact how this forum is blind fanboys of Glenn and anything he does*

Now don't get me wrong, I love the festival and don't care about people worshipping Glenn cause he has every right to be.

Just don't call metamorphosis a troll for stating his thoughts on this years lineup. Glenn can take these posts better than the fans, which is sad.

Personally, I'd rather have seen a different headliner than Nevermore (they don't fit in with this festival IMO and they just toured here), but I still like them and will be going. Evergrey was expected by probably 95% of the forum as one of the headliners, and with a strings and choir should be an awesome act.

Glenn said the reactions would be different this year, and really they haven't been all that much from the posts on it.

Cliff Notes - Respect his opinion (regardless if its different than yours)!

General Zod said:
So let me make sure I understand... you may have an opinion and express it, but no one else should express thiers? Or do you just think you deserve the last word on any given subject? To me, it goes without saying, that if you express an opinion that is in the minority, on any board on the net, you can expect some sort rebuttal. The most extreme rebuttal I've seen so far is "so don't go". That hardly qualifies as jumping down your throat.

Perhaps your own discontent with the line-up has allowed you to look past the obvious. When Rage was announced, the majority of the reaction was, "Who?". After roughly 190 responses to this thread, about 175 have been (and allow me to paraphrase), "Nevermore... fuck yeah." That hardly indicates a band that is too heavy or a band that will play in front of an empty theater.

Zod

So...according to your assessment of the responses there will be approximately 175 people watching Nevermore. I agree with that.