New Subsignal now in stock

I remember when Sieges Even came back with "The Art of Navigating By The Stars" It was the first time that they had a good singer, but the heaviness was so sporadic it was a little bit of a letdown. Not that it was a bad album, because it wasn't! I just expected a little bit more. A friend of mine called it "Progressive Air Supply"

When they broke up and became Subsignal my first hope was that the heaviness would be there...it wasn't. Once again, I still listened to it, still do even now, it just wasn't what I had hoped for. Now we arrive at a new disc, and a promise of a little heaviness. Well, we'll see...

This is, to me a must buy. Always enjoyable if even leaving me wanting more. Arno Menses has a great voice, and Markus Steffan is a brilliant guitarist

Wow its amazing to me that you thought The Art of Navigating By The Stars was an average album. Actually I think its one of the best albums of the last 10 years. It just had the right amount of atmosphere and heaviness with excellent production.

I like the new Subsignal, but to me nothing Subsignal has ever done touches the amazing Art of Navigating by the Stars.

Wow its amazing to me that you thought The Art of Navigating By The Stars was an average album. Actually I think its one of the best albums of the last 10 years. It just had the right amount of atmosphere and heaviness with excellent production.

I like the new Subsignal, but to me nothing Subsignal has ever done touches the amazing Art of Navigating by the Stars.

At what point did I call The Art of Navigating By The Stars average? I think the album is brilliant! It just wasn't as heavy as I expected, especially after some of the other Sieges Even material preceding it! Now "Paramount" that was a huge letdown after ...Navigating...

I remember when Sieges Even came back with "The Art of Navigating By The Stars" It was the first time that they had a good singer, but the heaviness was so sporadic it was a little bit of a letdown.

I am not going to put down your opinion brother. We all have our own tastes. However, I actually prefer the mellow Sieges Even over the heavier by a large margin. "The Art of Navigating by the Stars" is my favorite prog rock release of all time. Also, the song, "Eyes Wide Open" is a strong candidate for my favorite prog rock song of all-time. I am a metal-head and love heavy, but there are always exceptions to the rule.

Hold up, I can't agree with that at all. Sieges did not become Subsignal. They aren't even a successor band, the heart and soul of Sieges Even was always the Holzwarth brothers.

We're not talking heart and soul.Sieges Even was Markus Steffan When he quit and Wolfgang Zenk replaced him it was not Sieges Even anymore. Have you heard the 2 discs without Markus? Totally awful! I'll agree that it wouldn't be Sieges Even without the Holzwarth brothers, but Subsignal is more Sieges Even than Rhapsody of Fire is, so there's my reason for what I said. The distinct later day sound of Sieges Even was created and sounded the way that it did because of Markus Steffan's awesome guitar style and Arno Menses' vocals. They retain a large part of that sound as Subsignal.

We're not talking heart and soul.Sieges Even was Markus Steffan When he quit and Wolfgang Zenk replaced him it was not Sieges Even anymore. Have you heard the 2 discs without Markus? Totally awful! I'll agree that it wouldn't be Sieges Even without the Holzwarth brothers, but Subsignal is more Sieges Even than Rhapsody of Fire is, so there's my reason for what I said. The distinct later day sound of Sieges Even was created and sounded the way that it did because of Markus Steffan's awesome guitar style and Arno Menses' vocals. They retain a large part of that sound as Subsignal.

Those 2 albums aren't awful at all, sophisticated in particular is a great album and contains the heavy complexity that you are saying Navigating lacked, right?

What made Sieges Even who they were from day one is the rhythm section of the Holzwarth's. There is nothing in Subsignal's sound that connects to Sieges Even as far as I'm concerned. And given how boring and generic Subsignal are just re-confirms it was primarily the Holzwarth's songwriting behind the magic of Sieges Even.

Those 2 albums aren't awful at all, sophisticated in particular is a great album and contains the heavy complexity that you are saying Navigating lacked, right?

What made Sieges Even who they were from day one is the rhythm section of the Holzwarth's. There is nothing in Subsignal's sound that connects to Sieges Even as far as I'm concerned. And given how boring and generic Subsignal are just re-confirms it was primarily the Holzwarth's songwriting behind the magic of Sieges Even.

Opinions...saying that Subsignal is generic, you might as well say Sieges Even was generic, because there is a very close connection between the two bands sounds.

I re-listened to Sophisticated this morning...no resemblance to Sieges Even at all....It's Prog-Shit-Jazz.

I re-listened to Sophisticated this morning...no resemblance to Sieges Even at all....It's Prog-Shit-Jazz.

Yeah, but by that same token "Art of Navigating" bears no resemblance to "Life Cycles". Doesn't mean it isn't still Sieges Even.

Yeah, but by that same token "Art of Navigating" bears no resemblance to "Life Cycles". Doesn't mean it isn't still Sieges Even.

So if Dream Theaters next disc sounds like Cannibal Corpse after they replace Petrucci, its still Dream Theater....got it