No Room At The INN

Supposedly the Artmore overbooked by 20 rooms because that's how many people cancelled last year. This year they haven't had any cancellations.

That's not entirely true. I mentioned in a post a couple of weeks ago that I cancelled my room there -- I was going to try to hand off my reservation to someone else, but the Artmore said they couldn't do that, because they were overbooked.

It *is* nice that they are being proactive about the situation and re-booking people at other hotels...but seeing as how we all talk to each other, they might want to come up with ONE story and stick to it!

Anxiously awaiting kellsco's update today. I also booked a 2 bedroom apartment for 4 nights via Expedia last year. I called last week to confirm my reservation and was told everything was fine. No calls from them yet saying otherwise... and I think I'll give it a bit more time before I call them. A big suite at Four Seasons for the Artmore rate would certainly be acceptable for a bump though.

Unfortunately (according to Freakchylde) it looks like the 14th street bridge may not be done yet. You'll have to cross over either on the 10th street bridge and walk by the Turner Broadcasting campus, or walk over on the 17th street bridge and walk through a couple of neighborhoods. I did both last year. Not exactly fun - and especially now that I have a bum knee :ill:.

The Marriott on 14th is half a block off of W. Peachtree St NW. I stayed there during PPV & VI. No need to worry about the bridge for that hotel. The Marriot Courtyard is on the other side of the highway. That might be what you are thinking of.

I think I'm wearing a Slayer shirt when I check in....:heh:

Ok. Here is my update. Spoke with David at the Artmore this am. Just to make things even more convoluted I was now told a reason for the cancellations was due to a/c units not working in some of the apartment units..um...so fix them. whatever. So he said they had walked us to the Four Seasons, etc...same as Diamond 45.

I am getting 2 adjoining rooms to make up for the apartment. These rooms will be 'free' as I already paid. (It works out to $108 a night for each of these two rooms) Then I have two other rooms to make up for the other 2 I also had. These rooms will be $139 a night, down from the $175 a night rate I would have paid at the Artmore.

I've talked with the Four Seasons three times today, and I just got off the phone with the Manager. Everything is confirmed. Still waiting on the email...

I did start laughing today at work after reading this quote on the hotels main page:

The staff of Atlanta's only five-star hotel rushes out to greet you as soon as the car door is opened. They know your name. You don't even have to worry about your luggage because it's taken care of before your feet hit the ground."

I was picturing me taking the Marta to N5, walking the couple of blocks to the hotel, metal shirt on, luggage in tow..walking up to the entrance of this fancy hotel...:lol:

citizen- if you do get bumped call Expedia right away. They were also very helpful in getting all this worked out and guaranteed I would not pay a penny more for the double room at the Four Seasons.

The Invisible Guest- I call bullshit on that. I only booked the apartment thru Expedia. The other two rooms were booked directly with the hotel.

I've talked with the Four Seasons three times today, and I just got off the phone with the Manager. Everything is confirmed. Still waiting on the email...

OK, I haven't gotten my E-mail yet, but you say your reservation is at the Four Seasons? Hmm.. I might give them a call. Do you know the name of the manager you spoke to?

I was picturing me taking the Marta to N5, walking the couple of blocks to the hotel, metal shirt on, luggage in tow..walking up to the entrance of this fancy hotel...:lol:

That's how I plan on arriving. Walking up with a small suitcase in one hand and a camera bag over my shoulder. I wonder if they'll ask for the license plate on the car... what car? :loco:

I'll give David at the Artmore a call tomorrow morning to see what's up with regards to the E-mail he promised me.

Thank for the update!

I've not gotten the email from David either. The Four Seasons have been the ones stepping up on this issue. They called with my rooms, made some changes and called me back with the confirm #'s and then Jimmy called be back to make sure I was happy. And sent me the email.

Jimmy is the manager. His direct line is 404-253-3832. If he is gone talk to either Cardell or Courtney at the front desk. They were both awesome.

Wearing a Cannibal Corpse or Cradle of Filth shirt when checking in at the Four Seasons would be much classier. :loco:

Oh man would I love to see the look on their faces if someone walked in with a Cradle of Filth "Jesus is a c**t" t-shirt! That shirt offends me, and I'm not easily offended :lol:

Sorry to hear all of the horror stories regarding room reservations yet again! I was bumped two years in a row from Residence Inn (right next to Madison Grill) and to put my mind at ease, started booking a room at the Wellesley near the airport.There are many options for food and beer, there is none of the stress and hassle of being in Mid-town, and even though you lose the proximity to ProgPower, its been 100% worth it.The extra cost of renting a car still leaves me $40-50 a day short of what I was paying to stay at the Residence, which goes towards buying up all the merchandise I desire. Its win win for me and for the vendors.

Man I feel for all you guys that have gotten bumped...

Me & some others are staying at the Inn at the Peachtrees - last year we had a free shuttle to n' from Center Stage (don't know if that's the case this year) but we were right down the street from MARTA, Hard Rock, Hooters and a bunch of other food choices.. Including a coffee place - can't remember the name but it was like Starbuck's on steroids... the muffins in there RULED.. and there's a food court above the MARTA entrance... Surprisingly had some killer sushi there last year... The hotel staff is awesome, the courtyard is huge, spacious and quiet (not getting noise from all the cars driving by).. JIC anyone needs another option, just thought I'd throw this out there...

One of our crew has bailed on the hotel room at the Regency Suites. If anyone out there is in need of a room for the fest, my friends and I have room for one more! We had 10 people and two rooms. Now we have 9 and two rooms. So ease our financial burden, and earn yourself a nice place to stay for the night (with three lovely women, no less!*)

*you may not be in the same room as said lovely ladies, but we'll be sure to let you know what you're missing. Probably underpants parties and pillow fights.

I just called the Artmore to reconfirm my reservation. I explained that several people I knew had been bumped to other hotels, and that I wanted to find out if I was in the same boat. She confirmed that my room is booked and all of the "bumps" have been completed (though not sure it that means all have been contacted). No idea how that selection process worked, but hopefully I don't get surprised upon my arrival!

*you may not be in the same room as said lovely ladies, but we'll be sure to let you know what you're missing. Probably underpants parties and pillow fights.

I was thinking of joining your group until I read this part. Shame. I'll be staying across the street. Does anyone know if I can fly with binoculars in my carry-on bag? :D