NO SYMPHONY X ON GIGANTOUR (SAN AND CIN)

peavy_fan

May 8, 2003
Taken from Sym X wEB sITE
-----------------------------------
NO SECOND STAGE FOR SAN ANTONIO & CINCINNATI SHOWS
We apologize deeply for any inconvenience this may cause, but we were just informed today by Megadeth's agency of these changes. There will be no second stage at either the San Antonio show, or the newly announced Cincinnati show. So that makes four venues - San Diego, San Antonio, Cincinnati, and Boston - where there will be no second stage, and as such, Symphony X won't be appearing at those shows.

Ok. Why would Gigantour book into venues where there will be no 2nd stage, and no oppertunity to have all bands on one stage? Thats just stupid. Imagine the chaos if Ozzfest pulled this shit.

Im going to Boston, and luckily they announced AFTER i bought my tickets.

At least im going to Prog Power, and Edguy/HAmmerfall/Into Eternity.

I think Into Eternity may be forced to drop out of the bill.. not sure though, it's just a rumour one of the guys in the band told me... not 100% sure, so be aware of that! =)

I'm not sure, I spoke to them a few times in the past couple of weeks and they said it wouldn't be possible to make it.... They didn't really give me a reason, maybe it was not confirmed yet that they're pulling out, I really don't know.

Agreed on Edguy. Hammerfall is good, but it'll be just a plus... hehe

TheWhisper said:
Any clue how they're gonna work the second stage at the Hard Rock?

Yeah I am curious about this too.......

I am going to Orlando and West Palm and west palm is set up for a second stage....

Although how do they work the scheduling on this??? The second stage rocks while they swap out equiptment on the main stage???..