Pain of Salvation fans

I love PoS - and Remedy Lane is why I was at ProgPower2015. 12:5 is my fav album by far - only because it's so unique how they rearranged the songs from diff albums into a new story and set. Remedy Lane is a desert island disc for me, put TPE is amazing.

I hated the Road Salts when they came out, but having seen them on this tour and talking with a few in the band last night in Chicago and ATL. They were the albums the current lineup wanted to make. And something Daniel needed to get out of his system. I think going back to Remedy Lane - and all the TPE on the current tour - will spark Daniel to go back to a bit more prog. At least that is my hope.

Remedy Lane
The Perfect Element
One Hour by the Concrete Lake
Entropia
Be
Scarsick
RS2
RS1

(in order, ignoring the live releases)

As for the future...? Let's just say the band is ready to revisit their old style. :) :headbang:

I will say this much so far after giving time to 2 albums beyond Remedy Lane-- when they are on for me, man, are they ever on.

I can go ages without hearing 'Curiosity' again, though.

Still haven't picked up Scarsick, but have the rest of the studio albums and also 12:5. I still haven't listened to it or The Perfect Element-- just saving them so I can savor them when I decide to take the plunge.

While drastically different, I pretty much equally enjoy One Hour By the Concrete Lake and Road Salt One-- if I'm going for something other than Remedy Lane, that first Road Salt album is almost always the one-- particularly the opening 3 tracks-- No Way/She Likes to Hide/Sisters (which is just awesome to these ears). Man, his voice...

Still extremely happy that they 'clicked' with me this time around.

I hope the next full length release clicks with old time fans. While everything that has been released so far is listenable, the quality maybe dipped a little at "Scarsick" and dropped off the face of the world with "Road Shit I". "Road Salt II was an improvement upon a bad idea, and the acoustic disc "Falling Home" is very enjoyable. I think the title track might be the best song they've released in a long time! Absolutely beautiful!

Picking up 12:5 was a good idea. Very interesting how the songs were altered to fit the acoustic theme and criminally under-rated to boot!
Watching the "Be" DVD gives the concept a little more to get into than just tackling the CD at first, but it has so many moments of greatness throughout it.
The most recent DVD was enjoyable to watch also, but nothing compares to watching them scorch the ProgPower stage not once, but twice in 2014! Stunning!