PAIN OF SALVATION to tour North America with KINGCROW and IMMINENT SONIC DESTRUCTION

I love Reggies more and more everytime I go there.
i was indifferent about it at first.

They have perfected the sound there, and as Bob has said, the food is top notch!

Sorry, but PoS are simply not my thing. I have tried, just cant get into them.

I do hope those who go have a good time and I hope this gig does well for Milton and the tour.

All I have to say is their cover choice is not something I would have expected.

I can't say I'm surprised. As much as I love PoS, they are an acquired taste.

Some photos of the NY show:

Did I meet you? I met a crapton of people there but I didn't necessarily know who they were online.

247602_10151395095536338_1664582658_n.jpg

Did I meet you? I met a crapton of people there but I didn't necessarily know who they were online.
No. Out of the Progpower crowd, I think I only met Ben, )who was banned from here anyway). Actually, I think I did see you (were you hanging out by the side of the stage?) but I assumed it was someone else since I thought you live down South.

No. Out of the Progpower crowd, I think I only met Ben, )who was banned from here anyway). Actually, I think I did see you (were you hanging out by the side of the stage?) but I assumed it was someone else since I thought you live down South.

I do, but I came up for the show (among other things) - I was there with Matt and his wife, Christina, Zod and his wife, etc. I was front left for most of PoS, went right during the encore.

Well that ended up being one hell of a show. Great lineup, all the bands did really well. Great set list from Kingcrow. Very polished and their sound was pretty awesome. Hopefully they'll be back, they deserve some good fortune.

Quick review of Chicago show.

We got there around 8 pm and had a quick bite to eat at the music joint (also part of reggies but a separate venue with good food). My grilled cheese sandwich was not bad thought it was not as good as last time. It could have used an extra slice of cheese. The pickle however was extremely delicious and the fries were also pretty good. The meal I would say 6/10 but at least it provided the fuel to get through the night. As we ate a punk rock show was getting started at the music joint. We heard some great tunes about getting high, punk rock chords, and having sex with zombies.

Then we made our way over to the rock club to the show. Paid $30 to get in...saw the $30 front only printed POS shirt. For $30 a shirt should be printed on both sides. Just my two cents. We had just missed Mindwarp who seemed to have had a good show with a new singer per feedback I heard from others. Imminent Sonic Destruction took forever to set up and went on 10-15 minutes late. They played about 3 songs in 30 minutes. I don't recall anything besides being bored. Just being honest. The songs seemed long to just be long and did not go anywhere. They also announced that they paid to get on the tour and their friend put up a lot of the money and she picked the setlist. At least they played "Fear of the Dark" and "Metal Gods" on the PA immediately after ISD ended which psyched me back up.

Up next were Kingcrow. I was not too impressed with their performance at PPUSA but they killed it last night. Wow, they sounded great, super tight and full of energy. They have a great frontman. A bit quirky with his movements but he was really into it and getting the crowd pumped up. There was a significant bump in energy once Kingcrow got going. They gave a few shout outs to PPUSA and the response was huge. Probably 30 people or more that I suspect attend(ed) the festival. The new material sounded great and I will definitely be checking out the album.

While waiting for PoS I met a few PPUSA people, Jonathon, Alonso and another guy I did not get his name. One of them is the guy who had the heathen hammer for Tyr. Cool guys and they were super excited for PoS. It was nice catching up with them while waiting. PoS hit the stage and took control from that point on. I came into the show with the last CD I purchased by them was Linoleum EP so I knew I would not be familiar with a lot of the material. They played probably played close to 2 hours. They had a second guitarist which was a surprise. The newer stuff sounded good and it was a breath of fresh air to see a prog band play several 3-4 minute songs. We got the jazz version of Holy Diver which was fun as well as a similar jazzy version of Stress which is one of my favorite tunes. After the last song they took a bow and the sound guy turned all the mics off. They came back to do an encore but the soundguy wouldn't turn the mics back on. So PoS just played anyway using only the amps and drums. It was very punk and rebellious which I enjoyed. Hearing the crowd sing the song as they fought through the song was quite moving. On the way out I picked up Road Salt 1 and 2 CD's for $15 each as I had been meaning to check these out for a long time and I am happy to buy them direct from the band.

I would say Kingcrow was the standout band for me but I was also very tired by the end of PoS.

Wow what an awesome time last night, I'm shocked that I'm not more hungover. I cant recall how many Modus Hoperandis I drank.

Reggies continues it tradition of being the best place to see bands in the area. The sound was great and all the bands were great.

ST.PAUL, MN show tonight 5/11/13 CANCELED per DANIEL has PNEUMONIA. Hopefully Daniel recovers soon, and perhaps this show (and the rest of the tour?) can be RESCHEDULED for later in the year.

https://www.facebook.com/Painofsalvation/posts/10152044068129657

It comes with heavy hearts and much sadness that we unfortunately must cancel our gig in St. Paul tonight.
Daniel's condition (the onset to pneumonia) might actually become serious pretty fast under the wrong conditions. We want to get back here as soon as possible and rock these places properly - the crowds have been creating so much wonderful enthusiasm and we truly love you for that. We know some of you will have waited a long time and travelled very far. There's not much more we can do than to apologize here. We know you love Daniel and we want to make sure he lives to come back and play more shows here in the US. Thank you for your understanding.

Poor dude. I could tell he was sick at NYC, although you wouldn't know it to hear him sing - his nose and his cheeks were red enough to put Rudolph to shame.

Pain of Salvation have been troopers this entire tour. It really blows that they couldn't finish it tonight. They'd earned a killer send off, as from everything I've heard they've been fantastic and professional through all the bumps. I really hope DG gets better soon, and can tour healthy again.

Sick or not Chicago was awesome.

All the bands were awesome. Didn't get to see all of Mindwarp Chamber but saw most of it. I was going to pick up their CDs on the way out, but I forgot! Sorry fellas.

Spent some time chatting with the dudes from ISD. Great dudes.

Kingcrow was my least favorite band of the night, but still pretty darn good.

Chiming in real quick here.

I have what Daniel has. I have no voice right now. I've been sleeping all day, and can't eat solid food because my throat is ruined. I'm trying to keep from coughing, because it feels like I'll die each time.

Being back stage all through this tour, helping PoS every chance possible while he's so damn sick, and seeing Daniel buckled over coughing up a lung... only to walk on stage 30 seconds later and NEVER showing a hint of illness....... pro.

Mother fucking PRO.

Get well, Daniel, safe flight home, and see you WHEN you come back to the States!

Oh crap, get some rest Bryan! You've earned it. Like ten times over.

I want to chime in and say this was a very special first stop for PoS and I greatly look forward to their return. Lots of great memories with my Swedish (and one French) brothers. I only wish the best for them and a speedy recovering to Daniel. Get well my friends.

971242_10152046828834657_143351290_n.jpg

I wish they would come down South. It's still weird seeing pictures with a completely different line-up. I can't wait to hear new music from them, I just hope it's better than the last 2, which didn't float my boat very much when everything else beforehand blew my mind.

Chiming in real quick here.

I have what Daniel has. I have no voice right now. I've been sleeping all day, and can't eat solid food because my throat is ruined. I'm trying to keep from coughing, because it feels like I'll die each time.

Being back stage all through this tour, helping PoS every chance possible while he's so damn sick, and seeing Daniel buckled over coughing up a lung... only to walk on stage 30 seconds later and NEVER showing a hint of illness....... pro.

Mother fucking PRO.

Get well, Daniel, safe flight home, and see you WHEN you come back to the States!
Everyone's sick! No wonder I haven't felt well the past couple of days! Too much contact with sick band members.

Seriously though, great job by everyone involved with this tour. Things could have went VERY worse given some of the adversity that had to be worked through.

I was at the Chicago show with PP regulars Jeremy and Sarah Hallum. I am bummed that there were so many other forum regulars there that I did not get to meet.

I will say that while RS1 and 2 have not really grabbed my attention (I like RS2 better, though), hearing those songs live - like To the Shoreline - elevated them to a higher level for me than the CDs alone.

Daniel came out strong, but as the show went on, it was clear he was barely on his feet - I was worried about the guy! But he stuck it out, and that "house lights on and no sound" encore was quite a moment. He has my respect now and ever more.

(Side note on illness - Paul Kilkenny, the drummer for Mindwarp Chamber, posted on Facebook the next day that he thinks he caught a cold from the changing weather. I hope he didn't catch something from being backstage at the show!)

Bryan, I wish you had time to come out and mingle, but you were clearly busy helping with stage & tech stuff. You're one of the people I feel I know from this forum, but who I've never actually met.

Ken